66 bus, 58 bus and a 58 ute.

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

red hot bus
DSKer

Re: 66 bus, 58 bus and a 58 ute.

Post by red hot bus »

I think its time for an update again. I had my school formal last friday and had promised a few of my mates that the kombi would be ready in time. In the end it was ready but only just.
The type 3 gearbox I originally put in had no reverse so i put the straight axles onto a RGB i got from Andrew (pmgbus).That solved that problem but then two days before the formal it wouldn't start, so I had the next day off school to go get a new coil, condenser and points from Adelaide and install them. Finally it was ready I had 7 friends that were coming in it to formal. The kombi hadn't been fully loaded since I had lowered it. We got half way up the street when we had to pull over and dump 3 of them out as the front tyres were rubbing on the wheel wells. After that it made it to formal no worries. Then when dad was coming to pick us up from school he got pulled over by the cops for no tail lights and got defected. $60 for a blown fuse.
group formal.jpg
defected.jpg
As well as all that i sandblasted the chassis on the single cab and painted with red oxide.
sandblastin.jpg
red oxide.jpg
as well as picking up this rusty heap.
rusty.jpg
Way too many projects
Cam Biscuit
DSKer

Post by Cam Biscuit »

You have been busy!

So did you pull any chicks at the formal or what? 8) :shock: :mrgreen:
red hot bus
DSKer

Post by red hot bus »

I am going to try and keep most of my projects in this one thread. Still slowly working on the single cab I've got the chassis just about ready to put the rear back on. Just have to run some new cable tubes and do a bit more work to the tray part. Then a bit more sand blasting I want to have the underside and insides looking new but leaving the dove blue patina on the outside.
IMG_0355.jpg
IMG_0318.jpg
Then I was out the front working on the 66 and the postie pulled up and asked if I was interested in some beetles as he knows of a lady with two in her shed. would of been better if they were early models but im still happy with them. Once I got them home I realised the number plates were real similar then I looked at the chassis no. and they are only 21 cars apart. They both had a few little rust issues that needed repairing.
IMG_0339.jpg
IMG_0356.jpg
IMG_0417.jpg
Way too many projects
red hot bus
DSKer

Post by red hot bus »

I also went out to my favourite wrecking yard and got a pair of chevy headlights to make a cyclops light for the panel and took the pressed bumper of my rusty bus. Its not original but I think it matches the bus well.
Attachments
IMG_0433.jpg
IMG_0424.jpg
IMG_0436.jpg
Way too many projects
Squidy
DSKer

Post by Squidy »

Well done cooper, your killing it mate. You seem to have good luck with all your finds too ! Keep up the good work
red hot bus
DSKer

Post by red hot bus »

Haven't updated this for a while so ill quickly show you's what I've been up to.
I've sand blasted the entire inside of the bed area on the ute and painted with red oxide. all the bed supports were very rusty so i cut it all out and have made new to put in its place.
IMG_0462.jpg
IMG_0475.jpg
IMG_0749.jpg
then I've cleaned up the beam for the white panel van and painted it red so it will go faster.
IMG_0473.jpg
and fixed the gearbox cradle horns that someone cut to fit an Fj rear axle.
IMG_0879.jpg
Way too many projects
red hot bus
DSKer

Post by red hot bus »

then i decided to get the last panel van i picked up in to a roller so its easier to move around.
IMG_0885.jpg
IMG_0907.jpg
hopefully i will be able to get the white panel van driving and stopping by the end of the holidays.
Way too many projects
red hot bus
DSKer

Post by red hot bus »

Been slowly chipping away at the white panel van.Took for its first spin around the block the other day. Now I remember why I took the rgb out of my other bus. Just about finished replacing the bulkhead. Got my crows feet rims sandblasted and now painted ready for some 215/75/15 bf goodrich muddies.
hopefully another order of parts should be arriving soon.
Attachments
IMG_1471.jpg
IMG_1560.jpg
IMG_1622.jpg
IMG_1586.jpg
IMG_1542.jpg
Way too many projects
red hot bus
DSKer

Post by red hot bus »

and for the rear tail lights i decided to go for LED's. i found a much cheaper option on ebay i paid $15 for 4. they are just simple motorbike tail lights. i cut the lenses of with a hack saw to make them a bit brighter and they slotted right into the rubber seal. ill just make a simple bracket to hold them in place.
still looking for 1 more tail light chrome ring if anyone has one?
Attachments
IMG_1639.jpg
IMG_1643.jpg
IMG_1644.jpg
Way too many projects
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

Nice work!
kombi niko
DSKer

Post by kombi niko »

yep boss work!!
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

LED's look great! Added bonus is your splitty will actually be seen when driving from behind.... 8)
My Dad's Kombi circa 1967 at Taronga Zoo. I'm the light weight with the skinny legs, my older brother is doing the roof jump!
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

awesome... you have projects everywhere haha... love it :wink:
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

Shaven, please explain your avatar???

Is it ..... ooh, you drive a bus (panties come off).... or, yew, you drive a bus! (panties get pulled back up)????

Please clarify, this is a very important social experiment! :lol: :lol:
My Dad's Kombi circa 1967 at Taronga Zoo. I'm the light weight with the skinny legs, my older brother is doing the roof jump!
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

KombiMadness wrote:Shaven, please explain your avatar???

Is it ..... ooh, you drive a bus (panties come off).... or, yew, you drive a bus! (panties get pulled back up)????

Please clarify, this is a very important social experiment! :lol: :lol:
For the young blokes, its the obvious... for the seasoned old guys its just past memories :P :wink:
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about