Post by 63 left hooker »

Great to hear Markus, bring it on :D
61 dc
67 beetle
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

Update:

15 window arrived last Monday in Newcastle. I was supposed to pick it up today but customs & quarantine inspection couldn't be booked until this Monday coming. Hopefully pick it up Tuesday.....

For all those that helped with Newcastle blue slip garage info & recommendations, thank you. I have decided to car trailer it home just to keep things simple....
My Dad's Kombi circa 1967 at Taronga Zoo. I'm the light weight with the skinny legs, my older brother is doing the roof jump!
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

15 Window is safely tucked into my garage! :D

Today was a massive day which started with me stuffing my back up by trying to lift the very heavy hire car trailer onto my tow ball by myself (it had no jockey wheel :evil: ) because I was in a rush to get to Newcastle. That was really stupid, I should've asked for help - luckily my mate Geoff came with me and basically did everything from driving it on the trailer, chaining it down and making sure we all got to my place OK, because even dosed up on anti inflamms I was stuffed! So, big thanks to Geoff!

She is pretty straight and looks even better than in the photos. The engine purrs but won't idle properly and we couldn't get it into reverse because the gearstick was hitting the bench seat, so we loosened the 2 bolts on the adjusting plate thingy and moved it around until I could get reverse....

I'm on a mission to get her blue slipped for this weekend but that might be a bit ambitious.... :lol:

I'm stuffed; photos to come.....
My Dad's Kombi circa 1967 at Taronga Zoo. I'm the light weight with the skinny legs, my older brother is doing the roof jump!
resinmonkey
DSKer

Post by resinmonkey »

Congratulations!!!!!
Hope you feel better- look forward to those pics 8)
tombi (aka type2tommy)
DSKer

Post by tombi (aka type2tommy) »

Great job getting you bus home.Relax and enjoy!
GottaSplit
DSKer

Post by GottaSplit »

Sounds like a s__t morning turned out to be a good afternoon. I hope you haven't done major damage to yourself :!:
Cant wait to see your pics.
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

Good news! turns out my mate who we stayed with in Cal knows about your car, the Cali scene is very close just like it is here..
Tonz Magonz
Mod

Post by Tonz Magonz »

Markus...

May need to lay down on the back seat of the bus for therapy, while your back mends...

Have done the same back injury with bloody hire tandem trailers, which dont have jockey wheels...

Are jockeys so rare, that servos cant afford to buy them for tandems... :wink:
Wanted..Barny bits or 60's Supercharger other than Judson
martinigreenbus
DSKer

Post by martinigreenbus »

Tonz Magonz wrote: Have done the same back injury with bloody hire tandem trailers, which dont have jockey wheels...

Are jockeys so rare, that servos cant afford to buy them for tandems... :wink:
No, it's just the typical clientele that hire trailers :wink:

Cheaper than a truck, so usually loaded like a semi......

Servos don't generally own 'em, they just lease space and take a percentage of what trailer returns. The bloke or blokette in the servo wouldn't have a clue on what is what....... They tend to just give the key for the padlock and the paperwork......

Some of the ones I've had as yard trailers after they have been returned and are awaiting fixing are awesome, had tractors carted on them, been stolen and recovered, with tyre racks welded on, both axles bent, returned with four flats, it's funny what people think will go un-noticed :lol:
Tonz Magonz
Mod

Post by Tonz Magonz »

I should have clarified my complaint better...

Good mate, has tandems for hire through servos, which do have jockey wheel fitted but many dont....

Whats the name of the trailer hire company Brensta , so peeps can ask for them by name...?
Wanted..Barny bits or 60's Supercharger other than Judson
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

Here's some photos.....

There is an oil leak coming from the front of the engine and it doesn't want to go into reverse - will have to get this sorted before blue slip. Other than that, everything works and is ready for blue slip. The blinkers are wired USA style (tail light flashes) and all other electrics work.
I have been driving a bit today around town (naughty boy) and I find LHD a breeze; it is really not an issue at all... surrounded by 15 windows gives perfect 360 degree vision and makes side mirrors almost superfluous. I also don't find the RGB's noisy but will have to get used to no synchro in 1st -i.e. actually have to stop at a stop sign (who does that, LOL).

About to leave Newcastle

Nice Corvette that someone imported....

In my driveway...

Some OG trim that came with it... also have all 6 original pop outs & assorted parts that were in a tub in the back...

Last registered in 1981!

Interior stripped with seat frames that need re-upholstering. The rear seat frame is in good condition; the middle seat has some rusted out tubes that will need replacing...

Engine is a '68 Beetle 1600sp... with new bits

Dash with OG clock...

067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

Sweet man, nearly there!
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

067DUB wrote:Sweet man, nearly there!
of course ud like it haha

mate great bus. good to see its in the drive way.
:wink:
matty
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

Us Leftys gotta stick together, Pinky plates...
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

067DUB wrote:Us Leftys gotta stick together, Pinky plates...
i see Marcus going to the dark side :twisted:
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about