Can't wait until Christmas....!

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

woval56
DSKer

Post by woval56 »

Very nice ride mate, good luck with rego.
I still havnt done mine :(

Go the lefties
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

The dark side is a powerful force - beware! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My Dad's Kombi circa 1967 at Taronga Zoo. I'm the light weight with the skinny legs, my older brother is doing the roof jump!
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

Looks great, i wouldnt mind a lefty, my two work polo's are lhd... but without a steering wheel...

Whens blue slip time?
This coming to valla?
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

byronbus wrote:Looks great, i wouldnt mind a lefty, my two work polo's are lhd... but without a steering wheel...

Whens blue slip time?
This coming to valla?

Getting the engine pulled on Tuesday to get to the bottom of the oil leak and then hopefully not long after if the leak is an easy fix....

Definitely coming to Valla if I have to push it all the way :lol: :lol: :lol:
My Dad's Kombi circa 1967 at Taronga Zoo. I'm the light weight with the skinny legs, my older brother is doing the roof jump!
tombi (aka type2tommy)
DSKer

Post by tombi (aka type2tommy) »

Polo's are gay. You should be on another forum! :wink:
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

I am on that forum...
tombi (aka type2tommy)
DSKer

Post by tombi (aka type2tommy) »

Haha
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

Can anyone lend me their middle & rear seats for 1 day for blue slip, please?

I won't get mine re furbished for a while (short of dollars at the mo) and I want it complianced as it should - a 9 seater. Don't want to be knocked back and told they can only compliance it for 3.....

I will not let anyone sit on them or touch them (except Blue slip guy of course) and will only need them for the day. All care & responsibility taken.
kombiing
DSKer

Post by kombiing »

Hey kombimadness just a heads up if you get Kombi complied as a 9 seater you may have dramas like myself and others with the rta as they class 9 seats as a minibus and therefore need to get inspected by a heavy vehicle inspector bloody stoopid! check it for yourself or jus say it's 8 seater and then no drama[/code]
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

Blue barny ute wrote:Hey kombimadness just a heads up if you get Kombi complied as a 9 seater you may have dramas like myself and others with the rta as they class 9 seats as a minibus and therefore need to get inspected by a heavy vehicle inspector bloody stoopid! check it for yourself or jus say it's 8 seater and then no drama[/code]

Yeah, thanks for that info, I just spoke to Mr. Muller and he told me the same... 8 seater it is!

Disregard the request for borrowing seats I am sorted. :D
Cornwallvw1
DSKer

Post by Cornwallvw1 »

Congratulations on getting your 15 window Markus,I hope to be in your shoes in the not so distant future. Looking forward to hearing hearing first hand how the import process went.
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

Yeah thanks Tom. When you come down to Helensburgh I'll give you all the details of the importing process....
I found it pretty painless & simple actually. Just the waiting for it to arrive is the shitty bit... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
splitbus
DSKer

Post by splitbus »

Nice one Marcus, looks good, now remember, no more roof jumping :wink: 8)
Mike |o\*/o| 55 11 Window

I don't have a bucket list I have a fu#kit list a mile long
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

splitbus wrote:Nice one Marcus, looks good, now remember, no more roof jumping :wink: 8)

No, not at my age! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder if my Father knew we were jumping off the Splitty's roof? I can't remember but I'm guessing yes because who took the photo? Must've been him....

Might have to get my 9 y.o. to jump off and recreate the scene 45 years later and keep it in the family. That'd be a cool photo to hang on the wall; my old photo in a frame shared with a new photo of my son jumping off.... 8)
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

She is now blue slipped, green slipped, regoed in NSW with

MY 58 VW plates..... it's been an exhausting 2 days running around to get it sorted for blue slip!

A big thank you to Stephen Muller for all his help and fitting me in to sort out a few niggly issues (wiring, burnt out electronic ignition, etc) to get her sorted for blue slip.

I can now drive her legally and insured.... see you all at Valla! :D