60 11 window

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

splitthis
DSKer

Re: 60 11 window

Post by splitthis »

colin elmer wrote:Looks great. Must be missing watching videos?
Not as much as I miss perving on bridal parties while I “work”. To think some sucker way paying me to do it before COVID ruined everything.
Chasing any Neiman steering lock parts, will consider anything.
splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

morts wrote:Great perseverance Matt and how good is the Wiz??

And to think I thought this bus wouldn't take that much to get on the road... :oops: :shock: :lol:
The Wiz is a man of many talents.

To be honest this thing should have been on the road years ago, some of it was pretty bad but I’ve been dragging my feet. A normal person would have just bought new doors :roll:
splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

Well had nightshift again last week so had a few half days in the garage. Passenger door is finally 100% done, The skin needed the very bottom replaced and the section above the dogleg needed a heap of pinholes welded up.
P1040970.jpg
P1040966.jpg
P1040942.jpg
P1040964.jpg
splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

Then I had to tidy up the passenger door seal channel. I planned to just patch it but once I cut out the rot realised I was too close to the seam and it was going to look ugly so I once again dug into my ever shrinking OG metal pile (the Wiz would just call it used metal) and found a short section of solid channel.

Then finished off with the drivers side pop-out hinge, thanks again to NOS Steve.

Really on the home stretch now, drivers door to go and then just odds and ends. Drivers door is rooted but much better than the passenger door.
MID WEST DUBBER
DSKer

Post by MID WEST DUBBER »

Great work mate, tidy repairs. Also great article in the latest VWMA about the T-34, very nice car...
splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

MID WEST DUBBER wrote:Great work mate, tidy repairs. Also great article in the latest VWMA about the T-34, very nice car...
Thanks mate, was super stoked when I saw it made the cover. I spent a shitload of the old boys money on that car so it was nice to see it get some validation :lol: . Nothing more enjoyable than spending someone else’s cash on a car you can drive whenever you want.
VRSenator065
DSKer

Post by VRSenator065 »

Nice work mate, looking good.
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

splitthis wrote:
MID WEST DUBBER wrote:Great work mate, tidy repairs. Also great article in the latest VWMA about the T-34, very nice car...
Thanks mate, was super stoked when I saw it made the cover. I spent a shitload of the old boys money on that car so it was nice to see it get some validation :lol: . Nothing more enjoyable than spending someone else’s cash on a car you can drive whenever you want.
:lol: :lol:
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
Beatts
DSKer

Post by Beatts »

Great thread Matt you must be getting close to paint soon?
splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

Beatts wrote:Great thread Matt you must be getting close to paint soon?
I’ve already told Cooper that if this thing isn’t ready for paint next year I’m selling it :shock:
Beatts
DSKer

Post by Beatts »

Wiz is looking like a great option for paint. He’s been doing a kick arse job.
beerdoc
DSKer

Post by beerdoc »

Gryles Great work mate Brings back so many memories but im super impressed with that door rebuild keep it up mate
Cheers Doc

reVOLKS at Geelong
11th /13th Oct 2013

splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

beerdoc wrote:Gryles Great work mate Brings back so many memories but im super impressed with that door rebuild keep it up mate
This is like when Jesus rose on the 3rd day!!! DSK royalty back in the house :lol: :lol: . Welcome back Beerdoc, let’s get a thread started with some of your new rides.
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

Do u need me to come over yet with my spray gun and a stack of wet dry paper and get this bus into paint
Any updates buddy
splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

braddick wrote:Do u need me to come over yet with my spray gun and a stack of wet dry paper and get this bus into paint
Any updates buddy
Mate if you have the time that would be great.

I’ve made a good start on the drivers door, more Frankensteining multiple doors together. I ran out of gas AND my compressor shit itself last time I was in the garage so lost a heap of time. Unfortunately both hinge points also needed repair and the hinges themselves were both trashed. I pulled some spare hinge parts off a donor but they needed work too (had been cut with a grinder). Dropping hinges off to Pat today to be re-pinned. Hopefully get the door finished next month on nights.

Update soon