21 window- in the beginning

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Zimblewinder
DSKer

Re: 21 window- in the beginning

Post by Zimblewinder »

thanks for the heads up. This one came with the bus but had been removed and dropped in a box. Has the fader and speaker too. For a 58dlx in Germany the only options were these or a Becker monte carlo if you wanted FM. The Koln is cool, it has mechanical auto search. Press the button and the cogs whir away mechanically moving the tuning as it finds a station.

The wasos are bus or bug specific. The bus ones have deeper bodies so the casing is the right height for the bus shift mount. Nowhere as rare as the sperwolf though.

Cheers
Dale
March 58 Euro 23.
April 59 Mango
Wanted:
59 crank handle (tick!)
cargo door outer handle 59
two perfect rear floor mats (pretty pretty please!!!)
vanell
DSKer

Post by vanell »

I scored a Blaupunkt Frankenfurter for the 15 window, but when you go over a bump, it takes a jump to the left, then a jump to the right, then to fix it you have to put your hands on your hips and pull your knees in tight.
Steve Keeley
DSKer

Post by Steve Keeley »

vanell wrote:I but when you go over a bump, it takes a jump to the left, then a jump to the right, then to fix it you have to put your hands on your hips and pull your knees in tight.
Hey Old man, I think you are a little confused- wasn't that what your brother said when he first drove the ute?
the invisible and the non existent look very much alike!
Beatts
DSKer

Post by Beatts »

vanell wrote:I scored a Blaupunkt Frankenfurter for the 15 window, but when you go over a bump, it takes a jump to the left, then a jump to the right, then to fix it you have to put your hands on your hips and pull your knees in tight.
Hilarious :lol:
Steve Keeley
DSKer

Post by Steve Keeley »

have been restoring 90mm 12 volt generators- have the field coils and a couple of NOS commutators bought from Malaysia years ago. The trick is to remove the field shoe screws. Below is the tool I used, and a simple 10 ton press. Remember to support the internals, having removed the commutator . I used the case separator to push against the inside of the generator as I applied pressure with the press to avoid distortion of the case. . All the screws came free without destroying them. Will post a few pics eventually.

The tool - readily available on eBay:
Drag Link 1/2" Drive 3Pc.Socket Set T & E Tools 34326
splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

Excellent news, you’ll have the technique mastered just in time for my engine build 8) . Any more pics of assembly progress?
Chasing any Neiman steering lock parts, will consider anything.
Steve Keeley
DSKer

Post by Steve Keeley »

OK- photos- the case separator was used once the innards are removed to prevent the pressure from the press distorting the case. Probably unnecessary. The generator case was stabilised with angle iron in the press. Much easier than I thought. The drag link tool I found on eBay. Probably just as easy to take it to a auto electrician to get the screws out, but then you still have to get them back in! The key- make sure everything is square as you apply pressure.
Attachments
DSCN2107.jpg
DSCN2106.jpg
DSCN2105.jpg
DSCN2104.jpg
rabidkombi
DSKer

Post by rabidkombi »

Awesome work right there :D
D-Train
DSKer

Post by D-Train »

That’s pretty epic!
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

Any updates Steve
Word on the street is u are making great progress
Cheers
splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

Steve Keeley wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:20 pm OK- photos- the case separator was used once the innards are removed to prevent the pressure from the press distorting the case. Probably unnecessary. The generator case was stabilised with angle iron in the press. Much easier than I thought. The drag link tool I found on eBay. Probably just as easy to take it to a auto electrician to get the screws out, but then you still have to get them back in! The key- make sure everything is square as you apply pressure.
Steve I’ve just been reading about rebuilding my generator and think I’m going to have a crack at a full rebuild, did you need to do the bearings or was it just a straight swap with the NOS stuff?

For anyone thinking about it here is a great how to page

http://74.124.194.191/moto_guzzi_loopfr ... osch.html?
Chasing any Neiman steering lock parts, will consider anything.
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

Another valla in 2 yrs time surely
Any updates mate