DSKer

Re: Bus supercharger kits

Post by cj »

Any figures yet on power increase?
T-34
DSKer

Post by T-34 »

cj wrote:Any figures yet on power increase?
Yes. I took the bus to the dyno the other day. The baseline dyno readings were 39.8 hp at the wheels which by the time you account for transmission losses equates to 51 hp at the flywheel - pretty much bang on the money for a stock 50 horse.

The dyno readings the other day were with the boost at about 4 psi. This put out 66.5 hp, a 26% increase which equates to 77.7 hp at the flywheel - 7 more hp than a stock 2.0 type 4. :D

Also took some video of it on the dyno... (you can skip to about 2 minutes to hear it ramp up)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrTCAR-wH3o[/youtube]

Next steps are to increase the boost to about 7/8 psi and take it back to the dyno again.

Been busy getting prepared for putting the kits together. Got prototype #2 being installed in a mates sand rail next week. This kit is utilising a weber DCOE carburettor which is what the final kit will be supplied with. It should also be at the higher boost.

Been slowly getting the commercial side of things prepared. We've registered a name and set up a website + facebook page. Also bought a promotional bus. Some of you might recognise it...

A nice patina '56 panel. Plans are to get it roadworthy, install the stock 1600 SP that I had lined up for my 15 window, add one of the supercharger kits and then add some nice appropriate logo's to it so that I can use it as a promotional vehicle and let prospective customers have a go.

If you're interested you can view the web site at http://www.joeblow.me It's very much still a work in progress but there is a blog there if you want to keep up with how things are progressing. You can also like our facebook page if that's more your thing https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joe-Blow/579828552049820

I'm hoping to have the first kits available in about 8 weeks but am still waiting on quotes for machining so this might blow out depending on what delivery time I can get for the parts.

Will keep you posted.

Mick.
cj
DSKer

Post by cj »

I'm impressed! Top stuff.
T-34
DSKer

Post by T-34 »

cj wrote:I'm impressed! Top stuff.
Shall I put your name down for one then? :D
cj
DSKer

Post by cj »

Almost! Very keen observer at the moment, doing my research.