15 window splitty

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Shaven
DSKer

Re: 15 window splitty

Post by Shaven »

Jacob,
mate love the sunroof idea... mmm colour unsure on that one... some bald headed dude already owns the snot bus in Canberra.
believe there are better options... IMO :wink:
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about
smithy2444
DSKer

Post by smithy2444 »

Shaven wrote:Jacob,
mate love the sunroof idea... mmm colour unsure on that one... some bald headed dude already owns the snot bus in Canberra.
believe there are better options... IMO :wink:
Hey mate
Im thinking I will go with the sunroof option but with the colour Im not to sure yet ive got 3 colours in mind
* lime green
* really bright blue
or a bright orange :)
going to be a little way away before i need to make the choice so still plenty of time to decide
cheers Jacob
Cam Biscuit
DSKer

Post by Cam Biscuit »

Great progress Jacob

Colour is a personal choice but if you like orange, google Porsche Signal Orange, its a great retro looking colour.

Cheers
D-Train
DSKer

Post by D-Train »

U do know that you strip paint not steel to change the colour?
joshroom
DSKer

Post by joshroom »

Hey bud, I applaud your eagerness/keeness but my advice to you would be put the grinder down for a while and take Klaus's advise. Get that chassis (and whatever else you can) solid before you cut anything else off or put it anywhere near a rotisserie. I've seen how much these busses move when you cut away outriggers, pillars, panels etc... I personally don't think rotisserie's do enough to prevent twisting/sagging to a bus in a condition such as yours. I'm NOT saying your bus is beyond repair or anything, I just think it's not ready to go on a rotisserie yet. I think a flat bed style dolly or similar would be good whilst you got a bit more strength back in the bus. Only my humble opinion bro, just trying to save you a bunch of head scratchin when it comes time to fitting doors an panel gapping etc...

Anyway, super cool bus and I would be stoked to see you in your 15 hooking around some day soon. All the best with your project mate, cheers Josh.

Post by paul willans »

Good advice right there ,good luck
clk500 AMG
64 s Notch
57 Boronia Brown bus
59 Pmg ute
62 Beryl Green bus
winerot
The Chairman

Post by winerot »

yep great advice, would not rely on 2 chassis frames that are 50 years old to not twist.
Attachments
IMG_1110.jpg
http://mirrorimageweddings.com.au/
I am seatless none nudda zero zilch, have some lefties seeing that's the flavour of the month :oops:
D-Train
DSKer

Post by D-Train »

wally thats the rare m code leaning cab to help go up steep hills..
dubdoctor
DSKer

Post by dubdoctor »

weld some square tube steel along the outside of the chassis on both sides front to back to support it all before cutting any steel .
will stop any sagging and hold your gaps .
good luck !!!!
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

D-Train wrote:wally thats the rare m code leaning cab to help go up steep hills..
Mmmmm NO... its a SC peice of shit :P
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about
smithy2444
DSKer

Post by smithy2444 »

Cheers guys for all your help and trying to save me time ive supported both chassis along both sides with some square bar running the full length of the bus and also welded 4 cross members to them as well to help prevent the moving as such before i go any further but received this in the mail the other day...
second noise complaint regarding the bus stupid neighbours :/ only ever work on it 3 days a week for about 2 hours
Attachments
431869_256597431149907_783820695_n.jpg
spl65t
DSKer

Post by spl65t »

Ha, nice neck of the woods where you are. But....you are in the senior citizen capital of Australia - or as my oldies say "Gods Waiting Room".
Keep going anyhow.
Linz
Der Splitty.....slowest thing up the Blue Mtns, since Wentworth, Blaxland & Lawson :twisted:
bulliboy
DSKer

Post by bulliboy »

smithy2444 wrote:Cheers guys for all your help and trying to save me time ive supported both chassis along both sides with some square bar running the full length of the bus and also welded 4 cross members to them as well to help prevent the moving as such before i go any further but received this in the mail the other day...
second noise complaint regarding the bus stupid neighbours :/ only ever work on it 3 days a week for about 2 hours
Jacob I would give the council officer a call, best to be on side.
There are a few interpretations of whats being said in that letter and they have not asked you to stop.You may be able to be noisy in hours that your neighbors are out?
I would knock on their doors and talk to them. Let them know that things will get quieter once you start putting it back together.
Mitchell
Greypow
DSKer

Post by Greypow »

I agree with Mitchel's comments. Communication all round is the first step. Hopefully neighbours will show some understanding when the whole situation is laid out.
kombi niko
DSKer

Post by kombi niko »

Yes, grind away they cant do shit during normal hours!!