where or how can you repair or find these....

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

D-Train
DSKer

where or how can you repair or find these....

Post by D-Train »

missing both bottom screw sections of both doors...

help me please with donor or just info.

i need to drive it soonish... i hope anyway.. i can taste the bugs from the safaris...

Zimblewinder
DSKer

Post by Zimblewinder »

I have some spare bits from a couple of crapped out pillars. Ill see if I can find them and get back to you. The plate retainers are welded to the outer pillar skin above and below the slot and also behind (away from the door opening) the slot, then they also fold into the door opening seam. There's about 6 spot welds if I remember correctly so you need to cut a fair section out of your outer skin and patch in a donor outer skin with the plate retainer and the plate. Ill take a few photos of the bits out of the bus so you can see what youre up against. Not the easiest job.

From your picture it looks like the plate may still be in the retainer (in the bottom hole) though only just. These often drop out into the bottom of the pillar and then your SOL!!.

If you can, "pick" the plate up so you can get a bolt in the plate to keep it in place until your ready to hang your doors; Id try to rework the slot and bolt hole metal rather than weld in a new section, thats going to be much harder.

The other problem is it looks like someone tried to drill out the hinge bolts and has taken a chunk out of the door edge and probably messed up the thread on the retainer plate as well. If thats the case then youre going to have to go with a new plate and pillar section anyway cos you cant get O/S hinge bolts.

Anyway.. all that aside Ill get back soon with some pics.

Cheers
March 58 Euro 23.
April 59 Mango
Wanted:
59 crank handle (tick!)
cargo door outer handle 59
two perfect rear floor mats (pretty pretty please!!!)
D-Train
DSKer

Post by D-Train »

cool.. that would help out a stack.. its about the last pieces im looking for to complete the missing (rusted) panels for this nightmare/ dream come true (when its finished..) look forward to hearing from you..
Zimblewinder
DSKer

Post by Zimblewinder »

Got pics for you but it would be easier if I could email you. If you want these bits youll need to send me your address too. Cheers
Dale
March 58 Euro 23.
April 59 Mango
Wanted:
59 crank handle (tick!)
cargo door outer handle 59
two perfect rear floor mats (pretty pretty please!!!)