Rudolf the sc splitty

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

scotty*85vw
DSKer

Re: Rudolf the sc splitty

Post by scotty*85vw »

didnt get to touch the ute over the weekend with all the neighbours home.

Got home early today and have been hanging to get the gates sorted so i could pack them away till the decks done.

the pins were all stuck tried heat, lumpy hammer, drill, weld and inox and nothing would budge them.

So i broke out the grinder and cut a slit in all the hinges. knocked all the pins out. (it still wasnt to easy) put some copper in the holes and welded them all up.ground down and fitted the gates up. :)

woval56
DSKer

Post by woval56 »

Wicked ute mate, is it going to stay ratty? Cos that paint looks great
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

cheers yeah staying ratty. was stoked to get it as the other ones i looked at where all missing doors or eng/gates so this one will pretty much be matching.
just doing the all the rust. throwing in a narrowed beam, irs and a big fat motor and hopefully rolling by the time valla comes around
RickyT
DSKer

Post by RickyT »

Great work mate love it
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

pretty stoked..

went out today and found a free rotisorary

probably only good for utes :)

came into a lttle bit of cash so i should be
sending the control arms to kim
doing a cip order
getting front and rear safaries
over the next week!!!
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

Pretty exciting weekend

Bus is no where welded up but floor is all done, wire wheeled and all epoxyed up with two coats of gloss black.
Rolled it back over and got the front and rear safari brackets welded in. Front pass door and gates all on for the final time :)
Got my arms back of Kim and doing a Cip1 order tonight.

14 days strait of 10h days wont see any progress for a while.

Ged
DSKer

Post by Ged »

probably only good for utes
Did you have a safety moment and add the broom prop or is that just you staying tidy??

Looking good Scotty
Ged

57 11window project
64 Standard Beetle
69 Lowlight
70 CB100 x 2
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

HaHa. Something like that mate.
Had a few spare arvos and managed to fit up the rear IRS gear. Hanging to compare it to strait axle cause man it's a pain in the arse so far.
[URL=http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/scott ... ps07184039
Hopefully the pic works as im using my phone. My computer decided to die so may have lost most of my pics unless the computer wizards can save it.

I randomly realised that from day dot I'd planned to have it done by chrissy and by no means ment to name it rudolf for that point but I'm running a bit low on cash with all the physio and no work but pretty sure rudolf wont be gliding any slays till end of January. :)

Had a free day Saturday so dug around in my wire bin and found a old trailer truck loom and added a few extra wires and tape. Next thing I new all wires are sorted and ready to plug into switches when I get them in my next order.
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

Spent a few hours each arvo and slowely cleaned my dirty box up with degreaser and a wire brush. Made up a new gasket and fitted new nose cone, hockey stick, front and rear mounts, new throw out put in and bolted her all back up.
resol
DSKer

Post by resol »

Nioooce!!

Rear is sitting nicely, maybe go a tad lower??

Good work m8..
Got that Cip1 order in yet??
71 Lowie Dlx "Chubby"
CRUISE TIL YA BUTTS BRUISE :)
dawerks
DSKer

Post by dawerks »

You work fast! Great job :)
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

Nah just super dodgy pop rivets bog and glue makes it faster. HaHa

Yeah grant. Sitting on a jack with no motor but think it needs to come down a fair bit more too. ;) going to love those adj spring plates.
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

So I guess you would say I have been busy :) with no updates!!!!

Was doing a few little bits to the interior, cut up all the timber panels. Decided to paint them up for now till I decide on trim. put in a little bit of carpet and finished the soundproofing. got a couple of truck trailer looms a new fuse block and wired it all up. still waiting for the rest of the switches to come in my next order to finish it all off. Tailights are in.

scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

oh yeah and then I got my ball joints back from the suspension shop so it was the motivation to weld in the adjusters fit the front beam. put in some grease and new roller bearings, leaf packs and get all my arms back on. fit my new rims and tyres :) decided to match the rest of the shiny shit on the car.

after this pic I pulled the back apart again and went another outer spline so adjustable spring plates are in middle location and took it down another few at the front also.

with the beam now in I fitted up some new tie rods, got all the steering sorted.

brake booster bolted up, all new metal lines, raced out to roy as I had the wrong rubber lines and just need the resov to bleed em out.

placed a order for the final parts, just forgot a accelerator cable so of to al sometime soon.

while im waiting for the usa order all i have to do is fit up the bay tank.

have a 1600 sp i gave a lick of paint and all new lines and air filter ready to bolt in...still sorting out the 2ltr il throw in some time before valla