Post by kombi niko »

thats sounds better than a lambo :)
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Re: Rudolf the sc splitty

Post by scotty*85vw »

Ged wrote:Heroin Ave goin off

Great stuff Scotty
my neighbour just got home with his new common whore ute...40kms..

then my mate mark rocks up with the hr I just did for him and lights a skid about 50m up my street. you'd think we live in logan!

yeah nicko other than the noisy box ( I suspect is spigot bearing ) it goes and sounds alright. Now to get some coin to do the rack and pinion and finish with the 2ltr build and install.
splitbus
DSKer

Post by splitbus »

That's tttttt tight tight yer
Mike |o\*/o| 55 11 Window

I don't have a bucket list I have a fu#kit list a mile long
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

dig it up and drive :)

dmb
Mod

Post by dmb »

That is real nice, you have done a great job. Perfect ride height there too if you want to drive it.

Cheers
Squat, place chin on chest, tuck head and tip forward, shoulders connect with ground and back follows through, legs go over the top and feet land on the ground. That's how I roll!
68BUS
DSKer

Post by 68BUS »

Where is the like button?
Just perfect.
Brad

1966 11 Window - Evie.

Volkswagen Kombi - The worlds Original Search Engine.
resinmonkey
DSKer

Post by resinmonkey »

dmb wrote:That is real nice, you have done a great job. Perfect ride height there too if you want to drive it.

Cheers
Yeah Scotty, what happened? I thought you planned to lower it?
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

resinmonkey wrote:
dmb wrote:That is real nice, you have done a great job. Perfect ride height there too if you want to drive it.

Cheers
Yeah Scotty, what happened? I thought you planned to lower it?

HaHa. Considering I lost half my steering box the first time I went out the drive and before the bus wouldn't roll under my roller door and I now have 15cms clearance I won't be going lower. A touch higher I think.

To many speed bumps around here. I'd prefer shity roads than speed bumps anyday.
Leroy
DSKer

Post by Leroy »

Looks shit hot mate 8)
2018 Year of the Barndoor
rodz
DSKer

Post by rodz »

looks awesome. Great work.
RickyT
DSKer

Post by RickyT »

I saw your Sc drivin past at Burleigh today. So sweet mate even better on the move in the flesh 8)
resol
DSKer

Post by resol »

Looks the ducks nutts M8, good work!
71 Lowie Dlx "Chubby"
CRUISE TIL YA BUTTS BRUISE :)
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

Seems to be a bit quite on the resto thread section so here is a loud video for people to talk shit about me putting water cooled in. :)

From the day I got this my plan was ej motor so hopefully one day I can pack up some gear and take it down the great ocean road and not have to worry about where the nearest servo is and have to do roadside recos if I decide to go further and who dosnt want 100 plus kws

Over the last month I sold a ej20 I had picked up and got a car from a mechanic mate with a low kms ej22na. After pulling the loom out I think I spent about 50h to cut here soldier there heat shrink this plug in that. I stuffed up the first time and spent 5h chasing wires to find out last minute I had not looped the relay to the fuel pump from the ignition.

Sorted that then moved on to the exhaust and sump. chopped up the headers and did a little pipe work. smashed out the ceramics' of the cat so its still there for engineers. Had a gay old cannon laying around I think is too loud ill take off and put something quiter on later.

Chopped 100mm of my sump so the dipstick level is still same and used a template of similar ones sold and made up my own. Wasn't keen of welding it so a mate who just started his own mobile welding tigged it up mint for me. Dingo welding for any gc blokes!!

Because of the sump and exhaust shortning the rear engine mounts couldn't be used. A few people have run without extra mounts but I wasn't keen to have all that power and weight hanging on 4 bolts so made up a bar for the rear and used the standard Subaru rubber mount so it still has movement.

Did a few rad pipes today and just waiting for a few gauges to come so I can go for a longer drive. Did a few laps around the block today, and a few skids too ;) Also cut up the old Subaru dash and grafted the oil/engine check/alt light and scraped off the auto tranny light so it comes on for when the thermos are on (just to know when) into a old gauge cup so I don't get confused on just having a few lights.

will have a better video soon.
RickyT
DSKer

Post by RickyT »

Love it . :lol: Sounds sweet .
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

okay so it seems im having a few dramas with the stage 2 clutch slipping. :)

had some spare time after work and did a few adjustments on the exhaust. so quite now I don't even know when I pull up to a stop. Cant do any thing about the sound of the power of the boxer though.