Rudolf the sc splitty

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

froger
DSKer

Re: Rudolf the sc splitty

Post by froger »

Great work mate . This puppies gonig to crack hard !!
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

still after a gearbox if anyone has one :)

should be going up to the drags on wed to put her through her paces and cant wait. have a car trailer ready for trip home if needed too.haHaha
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

With all the others on the push for valla thought id pull my finger out finish this one off.
Iv been carting a 62ltr Subaru tank around for a while. picked up a o/g tank of a dskr but decided to use the bay tank in the end.

had a spare tank i had cut the top section and a swirl pot out of, cut the bay tank up and welded it all in. Small adjustment on the internal fuel pump mount.

already had a bracket for my fuel gauge ( that is adjusted but dosnt show correct amount anyway) but it wasn't welded in so while the tank was clean tacked it in ready to go in tomorrow.

now I get my storage area back! :)
FrankenCab
DSKer

Post by FrankenCab »

Should have used a efi bay tank , and external pump a lot easier ...but nice job :)
Straight axle is better than IRS
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

I would have if I could find one. Wasn't super keen on a surge tank and two pumps so this seemed best option. Seems to be working fine and have all my storage back.

Quite happy with that.
Not sure why everyone rips on sc. if they have owned one they must have watched too much tv.

This thing has copped a flogging in the three months I have actually been driving it. Hauled 4 kitchens and about 6 bathrooms to the tip. Carted a shit ton of pavers and iv still been able to race excels at red lights loaded up. :) :)
Ged
DSKer

Post by Ged »

Seen you at the Reedy Creek dump one day. Thought you were lugging stuff out....
Ged

57 11window project
64 Standard Beetle
69 Lowlight
70 CB100 x 2
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

haha yeah I got a surf ski and single speed girls bike for $35

grant told me glen was there. was that you I spoke to? some fool had just been pestering me saying he wanted to buy the car so was in a shitty mood and late for work sorry man.
Ged
DSKer

Post by Ged »

No just saw you tearing round the roundabout as I was goin in.
Funny people leave the tip with more than they went in with. That bloody recycling shed is a curse
Ged

57 11window project
64 Standard Beetle
69 Lowlight
70 CB100 x 2
resinmonkey
DSKer

Post by resinmonkey »

trying to figure what your going to make with the girls bike and surfski....
Dannyred
DSKer

Post by Dannyred »

This is great work Scotty !! I would not know where to being with wiring especially something like that!
I'm not looking forward to trying to salvage my wiring loom
Just thinking about it makes my head hurt :shock:

I'm ok with the red and black wires then after that I'm stuffed!

scotty*85vw wrote:Seems to be a bit quite on the resto thread section so here is a loud video for people to talk shit about me putting water cooled in. :)

From the day I got this my plan was ej motor so hopefully one day I can pack up some gear and take it down the great ocean road and not have to worry about where the nearest servo is and have to do roadside recos if I decide to go further and who dosnt want 100 plus kws

Over the last month I sold a ej20 I had picked up and got a car from a mechanic mate with a low kms ej22na. After pulling the loom out I think I spent about 50h to cut here soldier there heat shrink this plug in that. I stuffed up the first time and spent 5h chasing wires to find out last minute I had not looped the relay to the fuel pump from the ignition.

Sorted that then moved on to the exhaust and sump. chopped up the headers and did a little pipe work. smashed out the ceramics' of the cat so its still there for engineers. Had a gay old cannon laying around I think is too loud ill take off and put something quiter on later.

Chopped 100mm of my sump so the dipstick level is still same and used a template of similar ones sold and made up my own. Wasn't keen of welding it so a mate who just started his own mobile welding tigged it up mint for me. Dingo welding for any gc blokes!!

Because of the sump and exhaust shortning the rear engine mounts couldn't be used. A few people have run without extra mounts but I wasn't keen to have all that power and weight hanging on 4 bolts so made up a bar for the rear and used the standard Subaru rubber mount so it still has movement.

Did a few rad pipes today and just waiting for a few gauges to come so I can go for a longer drive. Did a few laps around the block today, and a few skids too ;) Also cut up the old Subaru dash and grafted the oil/engine check/alt light and scraped off the auto tranny light so it comes on for when the thermos are on (just to know when) into a old gauge cup so I don't get confused on just having a few lights.

will have a better video soon.
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... xlLCz-kY60

little clip a random dude asked me to drive and take part in. was a funny day.

ute received a new box after killing my old one on trip back from valla. Unfortunately its got no reverse so its interesting driving around now. :) :)
splitbus
DSKer

Post by splitbus »

Cool, did you play the clown Scotty :wink:
Mike |o\*/o| 55 11 Window

I don't have a bucket list I have a fu#kit list a mile long
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

splitbus wrote:Cool, did you play the clown Scotty :wink:
I sat under a tree as I was to hungover to even breath! I left before they did a lot of filming but somehow the keys with a Toyota logo just don't fit in :)
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

also put me in a back massager just before valla!

was a right prick of a job. along with the ej this was always on the cards. I had a bunch of spare subs but had to buy a slimline one to fit in and only have 6mm from the back of box to the magnet. The box has about 50 angles and drops down into the spare wheel arch area. pretty happy with the sound...
Ged
DSKer

Post by Ged »

Is the fire extinguisher for when your ears are burning?
Ged

57 11window project
64 Standard Beetle
69 Lowlight
70 CB100 x 2