Can you identify this Pop top?

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Fathermarc
DSKer

Can you identify this Pop top?

Post by Fathermarc »

I've been doing some back ground research into the origins of the interior. It's not your run of the mill Westy/Dorma conversion. So has me thinking it has to be an Aussie conversion of some sorts. Good quality cabinets in a high gloss Formica with all stainless steel fittings and trim. The pop top is in nice heavy canvas. the pop top mechanism in all internal with a frame and spring system in 18mm box section which works perfectly. Has a ventilation hatch with detachable fly screen. Two fold out bunk beds which I still have the original canvas for. The rock 'n' Roll bed is built in the same 18mm box section. Has a handle on the front which when operated disengages the securing pin in the hinge assembly located at the bock of the chair and in turn lowers the back.

I'm hoping someone will recognize it.

M
Attachments
Nice heavy canvas without any window stitched in.
Nice heavy canvas without any window stitched in.
Cabinets are well made but no names anywhere.
Cabinets are well made but no names anywhere.
Two bunk beds which open out like a Dorma when the pop top is in the up position.
Two bunk beds which open out like a Dorma when the pop top is in the up position.
---------
58 Kombi
69 Soft top beetle
65 Izh Jupiter with side car
2006 Ducati 999 Xerox
Fathermarc
DSKer

Re: Can you identify this Pop top?

Post by Fathermarc »

More images which may help.

I've had some one on The Samba say that it looks like a Canterbury Pitt and it could well be.
Attachments
Ventilation Hatch
Ventilation Hatch
Bunk bed.
Bunk bed.
Mechanism
Mechanism
---------
58 Kombi
69 Soft top beetle
65 Izh Jupiter with side car
2006 Ducati 999 Xerox