Blue slip now or later.

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

kombi niko
DSKer

Re: Blue slip now or later.

Post by kombi niko »

68BUS wrote:FatherMarc,

As you are only talking normal mods and not Red 9 I would say yes. Definitely get them engineered.
engineers can be very expensive. But if you find the right one then you will be fine.
I have a fella un QLD that I was given the name of. He quoted me $120 for - Seat Belts , IRS , Turbo Motor , Disk Brake Front End.
Another one quoted me $150 per item.
Wow thats cheap!! wish I was in Qld :( down here its more like $450 just for them to have a look at one thing.
Fathermarc
DSKer

Post by Fathermarc »

067DUB wrote:CE stuff can not be engineered , I can confirm this.

Really... I don't nderstand Aussie state laws. It's all upside down.
---------
58 Kombi
69 Soft top beetle
65 Izh Jupiter with side car
2006 Ducati 999 Xerox
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

Fathermarc wrote:
067DUB wrote:CE stuff can not be engineered , I can confirm this.

Really... I don't nderstand Aussie state laws. It's all upside down.
I'm sure there are a few threads regarding CE r+p engineering . I looked into it recently as my steering box was snuffed. The Red 9 was my only option . Would be nice one day.
I would be interested to hear who has had any success with front end and steering modifications. I'm sure most of us would like to know. My understanding is that the mods are up to the engineer signing more than a state set law.
68BUS
DSKer

Post by 68BUS »

kombi niko wrote:
68BUS wrote:FatherMarc,

As you are only talking normal mods and not Red 9 I would say yes. Definitely get them engineered.
engineers can be very expensive. But if you find the right one then you will be fine.
I have a fella un QLD that I was given the name of. He quoted me $120 for - Seat Belts , IRS , Turbo Motor , Disk Brake Front End.
Another one quoted me $150 per item.
Wow thats cheap!! wish I was in Qld :( down here its more like $450 just for them to have a look at one thing.
Yeah,
I restated my question incase he did not understand.
But he said he had a flat fee for each time he came out. It did not bother him if he had to write out and extra plate and set of papers.
Admittedly the guy who gave me his name is a boy racer. And has put a lot of Mod plates through him so maybe I got a favoured deal price??
Brad

1966 11 Window - Evie.

Volkswagen Kombi - The worlds Original Search Engine.
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

To add, I'm sniffing around a Red9 front end as I'm after a fully legal and insurable bus. I CAN have it signed off here in Qld, now to get clearance from the Minister of fun times and finance..

Any questions call Steve or Al at Das resto.