Tassie 67

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

splitthis
DSKer

Re: Tassie 67

Post by splitthis »

Well you definitely won't lose it in the carpark! As Mid West said they are early type 3 rims, the hubcaps for those are quite hard to find in reasonable condition. If you want to run moons you will either need bus wheels which are slotted or beetle wheels which look identical to the ones you have except for under the hubcap.
Chasing any Neiman steering lock parts, will consider anything.
gaz
DSKer

Post by gaz »

Very nice...looks showroom 8)
silverbullet
DSKer

Post by silverbullet »

Did those brakes work out for you. Look great will have to check it out one day
Rudy_032
DSKer

Post by Rudy_032 »

Hi folks, Been a long time since I have posted but thought I should close this out.

Its coming to the end finally but have such a good time building this bus. Taken 3 years, cancer, 2 kids, separation, new job...... crazy shit been going on but I am driving into town on Wednesday for rego check. Fingers crossed.!

I have done about 600 miles around my country roads and It drives beautifully, needs a good wheel alignment as it wanders around a bit but plenty of power and its nice and quiet inside with the 800kg of sound deadener I put in! Just finished the inside trim, big shout out to Brad from BusNBug for making the interior and his after sales service was great. I had a mate put the headliner in, Brad covered all the door cards and sent me the seat covers from TMI. I covered these myself with new coconut pads up front and I made the foam pads for all the rears, a job I hopefully will never have to do again! They all came up pretty good for a home job.

Any way I only have shit phone pics but here they are. If you se me driving around Launceston it means it passed the rego check!

67 Splitty
68 Bay
74 Bay
2004 Golf
Rudy_032
DSKer

Post by Rudy_032 »

67 Splitty
68 Bay
74 Bay
2004 Golf
MID WEST DUBBER
DSKer

Post by MID WEST DUBBER »

That looks great, love the interior 8)
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

WOW... man credit to you... all the shit you have been through. This is what its all about right here!!!
Looks bloody stunning... :wink:
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about
Cam Biscuit
DSKer

Post by Cam Biscuit »

Looks mint Rudy
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

Great job
Happy motoring enjoy
astralglider
DSKer

Post by astralglider »

Fantastic looking bus credit to you hope to see it rolling around Tassie on my next holiday
if it aint broke dont fix it
spl65t
DSKer

Post by spl65t »

That really has put Tazzy on the map :oops:

Nice one.

Linz
Der Splitty.....slowest thing up the Blue Mtns, since Wentworth, Blaxland & Lawson :twisted:
Ted2
DSKer

Post by Ted2 »

Well done Rudy. Struth you've gone through a lot since you started this build. End result is fantastic. 8)
Rudy_032
DSKer

Post by Rudy_032 »

Well the trip into town was worth it. The guys doing the rego check loved it and we spent more time talking than looking at the bus! Only issue is that it is a brand new engine block from Mick Motors, these don'ave any engine numbers stamped on them, i should have picked this up before but oh well. Another trip into town next Wednesday to Transport so they can assign me a number then sign it off.

I also had a wheel alignment today and I noticed that there is a fair bit of movement in the steering box, it is the splined leg sticking out of the box, it moves up and down. Is there a bearing in the box that can be replaced? Cheers for all your comments, Love the tassie on the map one!
67 Splitty
68 Bay
74 Bay
2004 Golf
57Bus
DSKer

Post by 57Bus »

Great outcome, any pics of the front cabin?
1958 11 window under resto.
ogrule
DSKer

Post by ogrule »

Great build - looks fantastic - I have a 67 also with 1/3 2/3 front seat so just wondering if you can tell me if there is a bracket or stopper that holds the top of the seats against the bulkhead. I can see some screw holes at the top of my bulkhead?