Marz's 65 11 window

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

marz
DSKer

Re: Marz's 65 11 window

Post by marz »

Not much progress as Ive been working on a microsquirt efi conversion on my bay. Did manage to get the nose fettled and change a frozen main shaft bearing in the box for the straight axle.
Nose
Gearbox
marz
DSKer

Post by marz »

Hey, not sure if you guys are interested but I've been getting some things done, got the running gear pulled and got a bit carried away and built some rotisserie rings so I can paint the chassis here a few pics
Running gear stripped
Made up some rings
Rolled her over
kombi niko
DSKer

Post by kombi niko »

hollycrap now that's a shed, so much room ;)
splitbus
DSKer

Post by splitbus »

Cool, coming along nicely, was the main shaft bearing hard to remove, what did you use to remove it?
Mike |o\*/o| 55 11 Window

I don't have a bucket list I have a fu#kit list a mile long
marz
DSKer

Post by marz »

Split bus I pressed them off, but they would have just tapped out only the ball bearing were seized not the bearing to the shaft or anything.
Niko the stresses of running a foundry are out weighed by the cool shit that we have and the big ware house.
Got the chassis pressure washed, got a hundred little holes to weld up before paint. also got the axle tubes extended and the spring plates cut for straight axle .
marz
DSKer

Post by marz »

Happy to say the welding is pretty much finished, for the chassis anyway. Hopefully will be painted in the next few weeks here's couple of pics of the jack point,went down the tight arse path and fixed the old ones again not "factory" but solid. also took porta power to the next level and pushed the corner back into shape with a hydraulic ram.
marz
DSKer

Post by marz »

Hey, Got the chassis painted in some industiral Dulux druabild ste thick masticy goodness. Got to paint a few suspension parts and wait for a cip1 order to arrive and it should be rolling again by the end of july!.
beerdoc
DSKer

Post by beerdoc »

Nice work Marz will pop in next time im past
Cheers Doc

reVOLKS at Geelong
11th /13th Oct 2013

marz
DSKer

Post by marz »

Hey doc, swing by some time. She's rolling now, about due for an update. Plan is to have it regoed for revolks!
marz
DSKer

Post by marz »

Hey, Well thought it might be time to do a bit of an update, been a while. Took some time off to respray my boat which as always took way longer then planned but been back on the bus and its now rolling. straight axle in the back and the ball joint boosted disk brake beam in !. Going to push hard to have it regoed for summer. here's a few pics
My Boat with the bus rolling wide five drums sitting on the disk brake stubs
New disks and calipers rebuilt
New tyres 185/65 on the bay rims
The list of jobs is getting smaller.....
LOWK71
DSKer

Post by LOWK71 »

This is looking really good Marz's, keep the up dates coming I am really enjoying your thread.
marz
DSKer

Post by marz »

Thanks Lowk71,
I got the engine bay in paint. I used northane enamel pearl white was a close enough match for this project. Had a package arrive this morning so got my master cylinder to finish of the brake system. should have brakes and engine by the weekend!. not quite Roadworthy for day of.....Image
Ampdub
DSKer

Post by Ampdub »

marz wrote:Hey, Well thought it might be time to do a bit of an update, been a while. Took some time off to respray my boat which as always took way longer then planned but been back on the bus and its now rolling. straight axle in the back and the ball joint boosted disk brake beam in !. Going to push hard to have it regoed for summer. here's a few pics
My Boat with the bus rolling wide five drums sitting on the disk brake stubs
New disks and calipers rebuilt
New tyres 185/65 on the bay rims
The list of jobs is getting smaller.....
How is your front done on this? I think it is a 68 beam but do you have adjusters or standard? any drop spindles?

I have a 68 beam and all the part but don't want to go too high and yours looks alright
Written off by a Swedish exchange student!!!
International licence my ass......
marz
DSKer

Post by marz »

Yeah it's early bay beam, with adjusters and leaf stiffeners. Probably will be a bit higher than that on the road
marz
DSKer

Post by marz »

Hey,
Long time no update, and guess what? still not on the road. Progress was slow over summer, but have slowly being doing stuff. Finally got all the last few bits of welding done and started to paint the repairs and put some fresh rubbers in. Pretty nice putting nice fresh stuff together. Iv'e had the car running for a few months and cruising around the industrial streets. and deicided with just adjusters in the front its to low to match the straight axle and wont be nice to drive daily. So I've had a change of plan and I'm going back up and going to fit RGB's for the time being. Also going to get a set of allterain tyres so I can go camping ect. Been spending abit of time on the Samba big meat tyres thread so I'l put a puck up of my current insperation stock hight with 215 75 R15 BFG AT's
Anyone want to trade a straight axle set up for a Big nut box ?.
window repair section I madeImage
Fettled and primedImage