DSKer

Re: 1960 Split Window Resto/Rebuild

Post by resinmonkey »

Stunning!
VRSenator065
DSKer

Post by VRSenator065 »

Got a bit more done on the long weekend. Got the engine oil cooler mounted. I am not running the original heating unit so the central tube is redundant allowing me to mount it nearer the back. I wasn't happy with having something like the cooler sitting there looking so vulnerable so I built a ramped larger guard that just reduces the risk of an errant large rock being flicked up and ruining my day. I also started fabricating the mount for the TRW electric power steering pump I have decided to use. It's an all-in-one design so I have sunk it down into a box I fabbed up, all done it should be pretty neat. And that allows enough room behind it to mount the remote oil filter.
Cheeseboard
DSKer

Post by Cheeseboard »

Amazing work. Still getting over the fact that despite what you are doing, you are using old fashioned electrical tools with cords.
Ideas man
Minister for Finance
Scared of wife finding out what I’ve spent
VRSenator065
DSKer

Post by VRSenator065 »

Cheeseboard wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:06 am Amazing work. Still getting over the fact that despite what you are doing, you are using old fashioned electrical tools with cords.
Thanks, sometimes the simple way is the best. What you don't see with the power steering pump mount are the two others I threw in the bin until I came up with something I was happy with...
VRSenator065
DSKer

Post by VRSenator065 »

Got the PS pump tray mount all finished and in, I think it turned out neat and also mounted the remote oil filter and cooler bypass unit behind it. Gives it some nice protection. On the weekend fabbed up a mount for the dual brake booster, sits up on the side of the front chassis rail and again is well protected. I think that's all the major things now mounted under the car, so it's back off to paint on Monday, then when its back from there full steam ahead to the finish 🙂
VRSenator065
DSKer

Post by VRSenator065 »

Engine sleds done.
D-Train
DSKer

Post by D-Train »

Outstanding!
VRSenator065
DSKer

Post by VRSenator065 »

D-Train wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:54 pmOutstanding!
Thank you, it was a really satisfying little job.
VRSenator065
DSKer

Post by VRSenator065 »

Foldable RnR bed stays done.
spl65t
DSKer

Post by spl65t »

Oh, Get F$#D !!
You are the ideas man :D

Liking the way your thinking mate !!!
Geez, you've set the bar pretty high with the small details on this bus 8)

Warbs....like this would be very good ??

Cheers Linz
Der Splitty.....slowest thing up the Blue Mtns, since Wentworth, Blaxland & Lawson :twisted:
VRSenator065
DSKer

Post by VRSenator065 »

Thanks, it's the one decent storage area you get and the legs poking down into it stuff that up.
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

yes, yes!
was thinking of making them removable, or something like that, however I like this more.
think you couple please knock me up a set mate? I reckon a few more would like a set too..
however thinking I may get away with a hinge only and have homing pins at the base, gas struts are a little fancy for me..
bloody good go man.
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

VRSenator065 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:21 pm Thanks, it's the one decent storage area you get and the legs poking down into it stuff that up.
yeah man, so sick of packing with little slots in the stuff.
VRSenator065
DSKer

Post by VRSenator065 »

Yea I started out thinking hinge only but I couldn't see a neat way to lock it in both open and closed positions, and still keep it slimline. I was walking through Bunnings and the gas struts were only $14, and included the two ball ends so it seemed a neat way to go. Sorry flat out on my build etc so wouldn't be able to make more, but can prob post some closer pics etc if people want to do similar. Might even be able to do a dimensioned drawing if it's a help.
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

VRSenator065 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:16 pm Yea I started out thinking hinge only but I couldn't see a neat way to lock it in both open and closed positions, and still keep it slimline. I was walking through Bunnings and the gas struts were only $14, and included the two ball ends so it seemed a neat way to go. Sorry flat out on my build etc so wouldn't be able to make more, but can prob post some closer pics etc if people want to do similar. Might even be able to do a dimensioned drawing if it's a help.
that would be great man, in terms of the dimensions, $28 buck upgrade, sounds like a plan.