Awesome KCW restored '59 ute is now mine!

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

KombiMadness
DSKer

Re: Awesome KCW restored '59 ute is now mine!

Post by KombiMadness »

splitbus wrote:Very nice 8) 8) 8) that's a good first drive home, must have been real chuffed

My mind keeps saying what's in the box's what's in the box's ??

What's in the boxes? 8)

For the ute - oak wood slat kit for the tray bed from WW and safari wiper spindles, one eyed duck and repro WW wipers/blades

For the 15 window - complete interior trim including seat pads and covers for the 3 bench seats (incl. middle seat) in silver beige/basalt gray, new ivory steering wheel, perforated off white headliner and install kit, complete interior door card set in silver beige/basalt gray, perforated vinyl to glue window surrounds, drink tray trim, sun visors, and the new EIS safaris, which have triangulated frames like OG safaris. Probably forgot a few things....... :D 8)

Using the ute tray bed saved me a big bundle on shipping costs for all this stuff. The container was already paid for, what you put in it doesn't matter. Although I did have to pay GST/duty on it when it arrived in Oz, which you don't have to if you get it shipped in separate stages and keep each stage under $1000 value..... but still saved heaps.
My Dad's Kombi circa 1967 at Taronga Zoo. I'm the light weight with the skinny legs, my older brother is doing the roof jump!
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

nice one mate, pittty didnt see it at old bar!..
Cafe53
DSKer

Post by Cafe53 »

That is poon, so glad its here, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh

Scotty
1955 SC
1955 SC
1965 Type 34
1965 Beetle
1965 SC
4tune8
DSKer

Post by 4tune8 »

Cafe53 wrote:That is poon, so glad its here, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh

Scotty
is that what is colloquially known as a 'dirty sanchez' :lol: poon?
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

warb wrote:nice one mate, pittty didnt see it at old bar!..

Well, get yourself down to Bald Hill for the Wollongong Kruise on 1st November and you'll get to check it out.... 8)
My Dad's Kombi circa 1967 at Taronga Zoo. I'm the light weight with the skinny legs, my older brother is doing the roof jump!
miki
DSKer

Post by miki »

There are 80k+ ford and Holden Utes... And compared to this work of art they look like $20 plastic pieces of shite.
Great buy!
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

She is now blue slipped and come Monday will be registered 59 YOOT ..... :D

The engine was dropped and oil leaks taken care of - main seal, flywheel O ring, output shaft seal (which was the main leak). The oil cooler and push Rod tubes weren't leaking. Changed the fuel pump which was pissing fuel and reseated the alternator stand with new gasket & sealer. Not leaking a drop of oil ..... 8)
The pict 34 - 3 isn't idling or running very well because someone cut the wire & spade fitting off the idle shutoff solenoid. Got to sort that out before the Wollongong Kombi Kruise on 1st November ......

Got to drill two holes and self tap to fit a rear vision mirror - this ute has never had one, just the 2 side mirrors. I suppose originally when it was a work truck it had hoops and tilt so rear view mirror was superfluous. I also have to drill a hole and fit the 'one eyed duck' for the wipers; not really keen to drill a hole there actually.

I also trial fitted the WW oak wood slats. Check it out.......
I'm decided to hand sand and tung oil them before fixing them to the ute bed. They'll look better when the oil darkens the wood a little.

kombiing
DSKer

Post by kombiing »

Hey I read on the samba where a guy used a rare earth magnet for his one eyed duck with success instead of drilling maybe worth a look
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

kombiing wrote:Hey I read on the samba where a guy used a rare earth magnet for his one eyed duck with success instead of drilling maybe worth a look

My mate, Tom also mentioned that...... 8)

I'll check it out.
splitbus
DSKer

Post by splitbus »

KombiMadness wrote:
kombiing wrote:Hey I read on the samba where a guy used a rare earth magnet for his one eyed duck with success instead of drilling maybe worth a look

I'll check it out.

Page 11 viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18973
Mike |o\*/o| 55 11 Window

I don't have a bucket list I have a fu#kit list a mile long
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

splitbus wrote:
KombiMadness wrote:

I'll check it out.

Page 11 viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18973

Thanks for the link :)

Well, just got back from the RTA and she is registered and I have the number plates in hand. Gotta rush back to work now and put the plates on tomorrow. I lucked out with the colour match big time..... I chose red lettering on black background - 59 YOOT - and the red on the plate matches VERY closely the Sealing Wax Red on the KdF symbol on the hubcaps! Photos to come.....

Or better yet come down to the Gong for the Kombi Kruise 1st November.
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

I'm very happy with my new 59 SC ute - I think I'll name him Otto :mrgreen:

I got him for a bargain considering the ground up resto work that was done to him by KCW. He's now registered in NSW and being driven daily......

Meet Otto the 59 YOOT from Hanover via USA

Its a shame how this new forum format chops the RH third of posted photos off :(

Anyway, I hope to see some of you at Bald Hill Saturday week at 10am :D
DRHEMS3
DSKer

Post by DRHEMS3 »

Congrats on Rego mate!
Very very nice yoot...
Roo
DSKer

Post by Roo »

That looks shit! I wouldn't have it in my shed...... ;)

Well done, old chap. 1 down, 1 to go...
Cheers, Roo
VDUB77
DSKer

Post by VDUB77 »

I met Marcus and Otto this afternoon. Great to chat and the Yoot looks even better in the flesh. Looking forward to seeing you cruise around the northern beaches :-)