Cat in the Hat

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

morts
DSKer

Re: Cat in the Hat

Post by morts »

As I was getting happier with the finish it was time to have a play with giving the old girl some ink. The painter knew an artist and before long we were throwing ideas around and he ended up painting the above pic on the driver's side rear corner.
After that was done the long side looked a little bare so Fish, Thing 1 and Thing 2 were called into action. And as Thing 1 and Thing 2 are real trouble makers it was decided to give them pots of paint as if they had been running amok and painting the blue under the belt line.
I'd also decided to paint the driver's cabin and I must admit it is nice driving in a nice clean cab. I did want to break up the white though so arranged for a discreet tat under the grab rail which has now been filled in with colour.
Shouldn't lose it in the parking lot now....!
Attachments
Ink 1.jpg
Ink 2.jpg
Ink 3.jpg
Ink 4.jpg
Ink 5.jpg
Ink 6.jpg
Ink 7.jpg
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
spl65t
DSKer

Post by spl65t »

That’s awesome. Making your bus an individual and will be remembered in Aussie Bus History in years to come.
Linz
Der Splitty.....slowest thing up the Blue Mtns, since Wentworth, Blaxland & Lawson :twisted:
rabidkombi
DSKer

Post by rabidkombi »

That rocks :D
Steve Keeley
DSKer

Post by Steve Keeley »

Puurrrrfect!!!!!!
the invisible and the non existent look very much alike!
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

Lovin how it's coming together morts
Any chance for revolks ? Or do I remember something about a sailing trip ?
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

Thanks fellas, it is now assembled and on the road. I still have the camper fitout to re-install/upgrade along with a small to do list.
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

braddick wrote:Lovin how it's coming together morts
Any chance for revolks ? Or do I remember something about a sailing trip ?
The sailing trip is on and we get back the weekend of Re-Volks so I won't be a starter :cry:
Cam Biscuit
DSKer

Post by Cam Biscuit »

looking great Morts!
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

Bloody awesome... can't beat the CITH
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about
Zimblewinder
DSKer

Post by Zimblewinder »

Geez you've got a steady hand. Looks great.
March 58 Euro 23.
April 59 Mango
Wanted:
59 crank handle (tick!)
cargo door outer handle 59
two perfect rear floor mats (pretty pretty please!!!)
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

Zimblewinder wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:09 am Geez you've got a steady hand. Looks great.
Not me Dale, that was the arteeest.. (his name's Moon Dog - shoulda been Mad Dog :lol: GReat fella)
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

Okay, so after not being able to travel when we hoped to last year we had to postpone our RATeX epic adventure to Uluru, via the back blocks, to this year and it is now only a bit under 36 hours away... :D

Why is it that you leave your bus just sitting there for 12 months and then think - better get that thing ready now! And then everything takes longer than you expect or you run into trouble... :oops:

Anyway, thanks to Ian, Tony, Guy and brother in law Craig who has come down from Brisbane and will be taking our '66 Beetle on this year's trip, it has nearly all come together. It won't be 100% finished but it's going to be the most finished it has ever been for the ninth of these trips... :lol:

Itinerary is :-

Day 1 – Cavan to Wilmington via Alligator Gorge
Day 2 – Wilmington to Kingoonya via Pimba and Glendambo
Day 3 – Kingoonya to Coober Pedy
Day 4 – Coober Pedy to Marla via The Breakaways, The Painted Desert and Archaringa Station
Day 5 – Marla to Yulara
Day 6 – Yulara
Day 7 – Yulara
Day 8 – Yulara to Kulgera
Day 9 – Kulgera to Dalhousie Springs via Mt Dare and Bloods Creek
Day 10 – Dalhousie Springs to Oodnadatta via Dalhousie Ruins and Perdika Ruins
Day 11 – Oodnadatta to Coward Springs via Peake Telegraph Station Ruins, William Creek and Strangways Springs
Day 12 – Coward Springs to Woomera via Mound Springs, Curdimurka, Lake Eyre South and Roxby Downs
Day 13 – Woomera to Laura via Pimba, Wilmington and Melrose
Day 14 - Laura to home

Just under 4,000 kms in 14 days in these old jiggers - what could possibly go wrong...??

Will post pics and a brief write up on our (hopeful) return...
Cam Biscuit
DSKer

Post by Cam Biscuit »

Have a great trip Morts! Looking forward to your report :wink:
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

Okay, so long time no post in this thread! (a tick over two years ... :oops: )

There was an update on the Uluru trip posted posted in Trips with Splits - https://www.dsk.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25852

Since then I had a bike accident that laid me up for 5 months and meant we missed the Kangaroo Island RATeX, however we did do one to Yorke/Eyre Peninsula last year, but there was no off road stuff.

We'd only just got back from that RATeX and Wifey took the bus out for a day trip and when she got back said 'it's not running right' I took it for a test drive and it was over revving when changing gears so took the engine out to check the clutch plate and sure enough most of the springs had shattered! I had been concerned about the end float for a while and a reading showed that it was 14thou - so no point in just replacing the clutch!

It was a 1641 and I eventually want a 1776 for this bus, however the plan soon became to put it back together as quickly and cheaply as possible for the Tasmanian RATeX in March, 2024. We depart three weeks today! (to be continued...)
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

TAS in kombi would be so much fun ( apart from the boat ride)
Wish I had the time to join u guys
Enjoy and keep us posted