DSKer

Post by jhp1 »

Yeah I like the whitewalls too daveo might consider some
Getting married?

www.volksweddings.com.au
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

looks the goods, .. Nice early pannel.. my had wasps nests all through it, even a few remains.
jhp1
DSKer

Post by jhp1 »

Yeah underneath had about 3 or 4 inches thick wrapped around everything of nests in every corner inside and in the front headlining they're everywhere in the front between the seats is about 6 inches deep of ratshit lovely!
Getting married?

www.volksweddings.com.au
daveo
DSKer

Post by daveo »

hmmmmmm Ratty Goodness!
jhp1
DSKer

Post by jhp1 »

Ratty Yes Goodness Not.
Getting married?

www.volksweddings.com.au
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

Hey, i didnt get any wasps nests or rat poo with my bus...just friggen 3 layers of paint.

Keep the pics coming, love early dove blue panels
jhp1
DSKer

Post by jhp1 »

Yeah Ive got that too! Dove Blue, White over that (maybe primer) PMG Red over that, then Dove Blue again over the top of it all.
Getting married?

www.volksweddings.com.au
Stealth
DSKer

Post by Stealth »

Cool 58 you have there, love the ol girl. Great to see another commecial blue panel, cant wait to see her on the road. Keep the pics comming and the resto details,

Cheers

Stealth
jhp1
DSKer

Post by jhp1 »

Mate I love your Van it is the single reason I contemplated ratting it. Think Ive decided to go all out now. Stripped off too much already to go back.
Hopefuly get it to a blasters next week. Anyone know of a good blaster near central Vic or in Melbourne is sand or media better (think they use plastic) any ideas anyone?
Getting married?

www.volksweddings.com.au
jhp1
DSKer

Post by jhp1 »

Well Ive stripped all the doors every single bolt broke or stripped head. Tried impact wrench impact drill hand screwdriver everything. Can you remove the backing plates in the door jam or will I have to drill and tap them again. looks like rear corner has been replaced or something cant find a join inside panel though maybe replaced whole corner? Me smells a tart up some time ago :shock: hope theres not a whole lot of bog under there havent found any yet fingers crossed.
Cheers
Jase
Attachments
rear corner tailight.JPG
rear corner tailight.JPG (55.38 KiB) Viewed 247 times
partially stripped.JPG
partially stripped.JPG (83.94 KiB) Viewed 248 times
Getting married?

www.volksweddings.com.au
sjm2
DSKer

Post by sjm2 »

the history of your 58

What i was told when i purchased the 58 a few years ago, from a nice bloke in Albury.
The Van was brought new by a Milk company that was based in Albury, It was used as a delivery van. Hence why the cargo floor is gone due to the weight of the vats being thrown in and out over time. They had a few of them in thier fleet. A 55 I still have with the extra door that they had put in and also a double door that is sitting on its belly in Albury - which was propably the pick of the 3. I think the 58 was last registered in early 70's and was parked up in Albury until it was auctioned off to the guy I brought it off.
jhp1
DSKer

Post by jhp1 »

Gday Sam cool I knew you said it had been a Milk truck but it seems to have PMG red under the blue paint. Thanks again for the van mate it seems to be a good one like I said earlier the more I pull apart the more I like. Hopefuly not too far down the track you'll get to see it in much better shape than when last you saw it. Sorry it took so long for me to get down and pick it up had to get going straaight away when I did pick it up was running late!
Cheers
Jase
Getting married?

www.volksweddings.com.au
jhp1
DSKer

Post by jhp1 »

Well Ive finally found a pic of a panel thats almost exactly what id like to build mine into. Right wheels right colour I was tossing around going two tone because I was unsure of how all blck would look but I just love this so Black it is
Attachments
297001.jpg
297001.jpg (65.44 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
297000.jpg
297000.jpg (61.09 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
Getting married?

www.volksweddings.com.au
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

got my bolts out, we welded a nut to the head of each screw and used a socket etc to remove them, worked a treat... also you may want to soak the screws with penetrating oil a few days beforehand..
jhp1
DSKer

Post by jhp1 »

Cheers warb I ended up drilling hem out pain in the A$$ but all good now. How do you remove the engine cover and has anyone got a rear valance?
Getting married?

www.volksweddings.com.au