My 67 Panel: Reboot post

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

crewcabconnection
Mod

My 67 Panel: Reboot post

Post by crewcabconnection »

Time flys by. I think my bus rolled out of Indian Automotive about a decade ago. To my utter shame, the thing has spent 90% of that time in the garage. It seems to go to for rego and servicing and I'm kinda feeling guilty. Steve Muller sold me a sweet 72 Camper a while ago and I think I spent all my time in that ... but kids grow up and someone offered me loot for it, so off it went to a local ... who promised not to call it Butternut or something.

A few months later and not driving a bus feels weird and tbh, there's not a lot of split-bus expertise on the Coast, so I've been reluctant to use it for the last few years. It's currently at Peter O'Toole's in Tuggerah getting some suspension and brake love [the latest of a series of frustrating trips to workshops] ... and I'm hoping to get it back for this weekend.

Now I've got a me a nice new shed, not a garage to keep it in ... I think I'll start doing some updates to it. In the last 10 years, it's had no dramas at all, but I think I might want to refresh the paint in a new colour -- as I do have a few chips and scrapes -- which I swear happened mostly in the garage as kids moved bikes in and out etc., Current pic shows the dangers of having children and rip-sticks around.

I'd welcome some ideas/schemes for it ... I'm probably well out of the 'what's cool loop' these days.

[insert smart arse comments at this point]

I'm hoping to pick up an 11 window in the next few months ... before they get too far out of reach.

So nope, I didn't sell it, I just use my 72 Camper all the time, so stopped driving it ... and looking forward to re-connecting with the DSK-thing I guess.

Here's a blast from the past, probably the last time I went anywhere in it ...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf10gE5wIXI[/youtube]

Cheers
Deano
Cognitive Dissonance - The only way to grind.
morts
DSKer

Re: My 67 Panel: Reboot post

Post by morts »

Mate, it's perfect as it is - just drive it!
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
Cam Biscuit
DSKer

Post by Cam Biscuit »

Yeah ditto that, don't touch it.
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

nice one mate, wow blast from the past that vid, tony looks like he is about 16, a few usual suspects there,, ... deal is mate, lets get a good line up like that again out at manning point in 2016 during old bar.. that makes it exactly 10 years from that vid.. tony, steve, greg, wally, dodd, luke, scott (get that splitty there), any one else. .. and mabye you deano, with those dropped sills..
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

shit Deano... get that thing out of there... As Warb said. Great god mate.
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about
crewcabconnection
Mod

Post by crewcabconnection »

Thanks ... drop sills are as cools as beards and fixies now ... all right then ... get it in the daylight. 10 years ... shit.
Cognitive Dissonance - The only way to grind.
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

:P
crewcabconnection wrote:drop sills are as cools as beards and fixies now
Attachments
Beards.jpg
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about