67 SC Project

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

DUB187
DSKer

Re: 67 SC Project

Post by DUB187 »

rusty 55 wrote:Aussie made Utes made from about 63 are known as hi roofs as they had a 2nd roof on top to create an air scoop above the windscreen to feed air to the motor. Also no side vents to the engine bay

Ah yeah I've seen them.. Don't really like the proportions.. So glad mine is wherever it is haha

Any guesses where my bus would be from? UK perhaps? Considering RHD

Need that birth certificate.. Cbf doing it tho
Ted2
DSKer

Post by Ted2 »

You might not need a birth certificate. Have a look at the stamped letters & numbers in the engine bay on the left hand side. If you see "SC" yours will be Aussie built.
DUB187
DSKer

Post by DUB187 »

Ted2 wrote:You might not need a birth certificate. Have a look at the stamped letters & numbers in the engine bay on the left hand side. If you see "SC" yours will be Aussie built.
Stamp reads as below:
PU2793
Ted2
DSKer

Post by Ted2 »

Sorry my bad. I meant PU which stands for pick up.
rusty 55
DSKer

Post by rusty 55 »

Also just realised yours is late but with a small back window, so I would assume it's an Aussie made but has been modified. Actually made to look older.
Like the 61/62 tail lights and early side engine vents
Either way it's a cool ute
it’s got nuffin to do wiv yer “vor sprung Durch technic” ya know!
Ted2
DSKer

Post by Ted2 »

Chassis number dates as March 1967. Radio hole also suggests 67 model. Aussie built. Cool ride 8)
DUB187
DSKer

Post by DUB187 »

Thanks guys! All these babies have some sort or a story and all have something a little different!

I was stumped that it has a 2 speed wiper motor, and knob turns rather than pulls out :?
uteboy
DSKer

Post by uteboy »

I can see from one of the photos that it does have an inner skin on the rear window panel.

This indicates it is definitely a late model high roof with the second (upper) roof removed.

I would love to see some interior shots of the roof directly above the rear window. (interior)

At any rate it looks like a damn cool truck. Good on you , I have a high roof my self.

Cool SC mate.

Pete
DUB187
DSKer

Post by DUB187 »

All making sense now.. Explains why the vents on both sides were welded in.. I thought they may have been replaced, but looks like they were never there!!

engine is in now.
DUB187
DSKer

Post by DUB187 »

Pic of engine
Attachments
image.jpg
FrankenCab
DSKer

Post by FrankenCab »

It could have been saved using what was available to builder...cool ute and should be ready for rat day at taken point on Father's Day
Straight axle is better than IRS
DUB187
DSKer

Post by DUB187 »

FrankenCab wrote:It could have been saved using what was available to builder...cool ute and should be ready for rat day at taken point on Father's Day
All kinda makes sense now.. I think it was purposely modified to look older as it's got the twin round tail lights also... A few give always with the fried egg front indicators and radio! But its definitely a talking point with the fellow veedubbers!

I don't think I'm gonna make rego for rat day.. Gonna have to wait til next year unfortunately :|
DUB187
DSKer

Post by DUB187 »

uteboy wrote:I can see from one of the photos that it does have an inner skin on the rear window panel.

This indicates it is definitely a late model high roof with the second (upper) roof removed.

I would love to see some interior shots of the roof directly above the rear window. (interior)

At any rate it looks like a damn cool truck. Good on you , I have a high roof my self.

Cool SC mate.

Pete
I'll shoot across a pic!
DUB187
DSKer

Post by DUB187 »

Been a while now, just an update.. Drop gates getting fixed, just received my hoops from USA and should have it running it a couple of weeks! Slow progress but at least there is progress! Can't wait to get it on the road for the first time since its glory days in WA. Soon enough!
DUB187
DSKer

Post by DUB187 »

Hoops made by Derek Gregg from California, if you want a set he's awesome to deal with.. Found him on the samba!
Attachments
image.jpg