image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
braddick
DSKer

Re: 63 bus

Post by braddick »

Well fresh back from family holidays on the sunny coast I'm all barred up about giving the 63 a face lift
Now I plan on giving this fresh new paint job redneck, chop shop, how's it going style
So when I painted this bus almost 20 yrs ago og paint and patina wasn't a big thing for me and for reasons I can't explain now I decided to paint it's colours it's in now. I do remember reading a volksworld mag and seeing a bus in those colours and thought that looks good that's what we will go with.
So I went into the local hardware store colour matched the mag pics to some paint strips and bought some exterior enamel happy days
U will be pleased to know this time around I do plan on buying some automotive air dry enamel this time
So it's going to be a blow over in its og colours with some experimental faktina added
Now I know patina is hard to fake but it's hell of a lot of fun trying and it will give me a chance to try some different technics for the mango rust repair sections
So the plan is to have the bus in its new frock by the Adelaide show
I managed to find a few pics of when I painted the bus last time
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
MID WEST DUBBER
DSKer

Post by MID WEST DUBBER »

Great pics mate, can’t wait to see the result :)
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

Gotta love nostalgia - did you have a mullet back then too Brad :lol: :lol:
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

morts wrote:Gotta love nostalgia - did you have a mullet back then too Brad :lol: :lol:
Ha ha morts, no mullet but I did have long hair and thought I was Kurt Cobin
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

Rub a dub
I'm into it before I change my mind
image.jpeg
vanell
DSKer

Post by vanell »

Mexican paint job is grease the windows and paint, don't think they rub the paint back !. OK so whats the colour scheme ?
red hot bus
DSKer

Post by red hot bus »

What are you doing brad? You not painting it back pink are you?
Way too many projects
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

vanell wrote:Mexican paint job is grease the windows and paint, don't think they rub the paint back !. OK so whats the colour scheme ?
Hey that grease idea sounds good, but I'm almost thinking windows out now just need to build up the confidence to push them out while saving the rubbers
Colours are ruby red and polar White og to the bus going to go with those colour but maybe a slightly a off white so it's not so bright
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

red hot bus wrote:What are you doing brad? You not painting it back pink are you?
Mate not sure if nipple pink is back in fashion yet otherwise I'd be all over it u know I have a soft spot for all things pink ha ha
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

braddick wrote:
red hot bus wrote:What are you doing brad? You not painting it back pink are you?
Mate not sure if nipple pink is back in fashion yet otherwise I'd be all over it u know I have a soft spot for all things pink ha ha
Soft spot or HARD spot.. :twisted:
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

morts wrote:
braddick wrote:
Soft spot or HARD spot.. :twisted:
Depends on the situation ha ha
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

Will getting closer too setting up the spray booth and getting some grey primer on
Outside for a wash before I remove the Windows
When I painted this bus nearly 20 yrs ago I had know idea about recess and non recess doors, and it only occurred to me yrs later that I had non matching door anyway I thought now was a good chance to do a swap over.
I happen to have one in stock that was rust free but with bumps and bruisers which I'm hopping might add to the over all aged patina look. We will wait and see there still a chance this face lift could end up looking like a dog breakfast but I'm excited to see what happens ha ha
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Last edited by braddick on Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

image.jpeg
I'm glad I ended up pushing out the window, as I found a bit of rust started to take hold
So a bit of welding up holes, now chasing thin rusty steel with bird poo welds is a art form in itself
Also pushing out those windows while saving the rubbers is not a job for the faint hearted as well
image.jpeg
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

image.jpeg