Boronia Brown 58

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Gunther
DSKer

Boronia Brown 58

Post by Gunther »

G'day fellas, bought this a few weeks back, thought I'd put some pics up.
Loved the lichen, but it's covering pretty decent paint.
Attachments
Eva3.jpg
Eva2.jpg
Eva1.jpg
Eva1.jpg (42.81 KiB) Viewed 2096 times
braddick
DSKer

Re: Boronia Brown 58

Post by braddick »

That will make a nice rat
Look forward to more pics
Congrats
Gunther
DSKer

Post by Gunther »

Cheers Braddick. I want to keep as close to found condition as possible. My daughter & I have popped a fair bit of the nose back out. What ever can't be massaged out by an old school panel beater will stay warts & all. Basic motor, reductions hubs etc. just get her driving & stopping reliably.
HELMUT
DSKer

Post by HELMUT »

Have you cleaned all the leaves and crap out of it? thought all that shit could be hiding a bit of rot.
Gunther
DSKer

Post by Gunther »

Yeah Marty, the floors & drivers seat pedestal are shot, but the pillars all look good with one B pillar bottom needing work. Few bits of rust here & there but all fixable. Drivers side is much better already. I'll get a good panel beater to pop/ massage back what can be& leave the rest.
fly life
DSKer

Post by fly life »

Yer nice bus , been said but will make one sweet rat 8)
Leroy
DSKer

Post by Leroy »

Thats beautiful! Whats the story??
2018 Year of the Barndoor
D-Train
DSKer

Post by D-Train »

Please tell me the rear bar was there!!!
Gunther
DSKer

Post by Gunther »

Hey Leroy, story is on Friday I was asked to part trade a beetle on a mid 60s bus, I said no thanks, not interested in another kombi project & so I took the cash. That night in bed, missus shows me a bus rescue from a mountainous French forest. We both thought that's cool. The next day I spotted this Boronia Brown (Eva) on a trailer ready to go, all the planets were lining up. Contacted the owner & he said she's for sale. So with the beetle $$ in my pocket I raced over & bought her without hesitation. In the past the consultation process has not been as rigorous as my wife might have liked, resulting in me sleeping in our Eco-lodge for a couple of weeks. This time was different, my wife HAD to be on board, she had just shown me this YouTube clip of the cool young Frenchman.
Apparently something was lost in translation& I had fucked up again re: the consultation process. The Frenchman was still cool & I was back to sleeping outside for another week. Rang my daughter in Sydney, " shit mum's really fkn cranky with me, do remember how I fixed it last time"? She says "yeah you slept outside for two weeks & kept your mouth shut"!! Missus must be getting soft because it was only a week this time.
It's a Monaro region bus used on a farm. The bloke I bought it from picked it up a week or so earlier, when looking at a tractor for sale. Noticed Eva & said what are you doing with that? " Nothing, missus has wanted me to get rid of it for thirty years". "What do you want for it"? Case of piss?- sold. I got it from the new owner for two cases of piss & everyone was happy!!

That last sentence about two cases of piss was total bull-shit. But I did get a nice bus for less than I got for the beetle + change, so I'm still really happy with the deal. I want to find more info on the earlier chapters, & I will post any new info as it comes to hand.

Dion, rear bumper gone except the curved ends less the straight section that was cut to remove the engine. I tracked a bar down in Victoria from a bloke that recycles a lot of kombi parts. Then he sends me a text after confirming it's all good to go, saying " I must have imagined I had it" even though another bloke saw it there & confirmed it was sold to me. But I wasn't surprised.
gaz
DSKer

Post by gaz »

It sounds meant to be....Nice bus, looks pretty solid.
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

Love the line about the rear bar...
Leroy
DSKer

Post by Leroy »

Sounds like all the planets aligned for you on that one! Killer bus, can't wait to see what you do with it. Shame about the rear bar though :? :roll:
2018 Year of the Barndoor