60 Micro Bus

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

vanell
DSKer

Re: 60 Micro Bus

Post by vanell »

done a straight axle on this today, with bits I had hanging around, first try I couldn't get the wheels on, so I guess its now a drop axle, putting it back on wheels so I can do the door gaps. Ian
IMG_3563.png
vanell
DSKer

Post by vanell »

Page 3 woo hoo
red hot bus
DSKer

Post by red hot bus »

Great work Ian, what mods did you have to do for the master cylinder? Plus with the box raise could you fill in the hole on the splash tray?
Way too many projects
vanell
DSKer

Post by vanell »

extended the tray for the master and sort of covered in the steering box, would post a picture but its not finished and looks quite crude, only went up 25 mm on the steering box raise so the box still hangs thru the pedal pan, Ian
vanell
DSKer

Post by vanell »

This is as far as I have got, have to stop now, gotta pay the bills, still a bunch of stuff to do. Ian
IMG_3566.JPG
MID WEST DUBBER
DSKer

Post by MID WEST DUBBER »

Looking great Ian, this is going to be awesome
vanell
DSKer

Post by vanell »

hot as hell here today, inside with the air con on most afternoon, but ventured out at 8pm and got this done, you gotta love the smell of OG paint and paint stripper together, and that OG paint was hard to get off!
IMG_3577.png
IMG_3579.JPG
vanell
DSKer

Post by vanell »

These 2 pictures sum up what im trying to achieve, a brand new 2019 bus that looks like a 60 bus, except I ordered it with a HSV package, with big engine, big brakes and a suspension package, something that will be driven every day and be able to go on long interstate drives. I do understand the OG paint thing and the NOS thing but they aint for me, don't care if it has a wrong part number on it, or its originality, hence why I made it into a 15, each to there own, This bus is coming together awesome and cant wait to drive it. Ian
IMG_3580.png
IMG_3581.png
splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

Nope, not OG must be shit :lol: , looking good mate. Two tone or all silver?
Chasing any Neiman steering lock parts, will consider anything.
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

I reckon all silver would be good - it would look a bit like an old Airstream but pull harder :twisted:

Anyway, that's how new crazes start by someone doing something different. Good on ya!
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
vanell
DSKer

Post by vanell »

Ahh, sometimes I don't explain myself to good, that's bare metal !, im not painting it silver that would look shit, trying to explain that it s all new like it would come from the factory, oh well , seems like pictures don't say a thousand words, Ian
rabidkombi
DSKer

Post by rabidkombi »

Awesome work mate
Going down a similar path with my bus regarding the modifications for a more usable bus :D
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

Great work, who cares if it’s welded up, it’s a rust free bus!
I found fitting the new nose really satisfying, such good visual progress!
colin elmer
DSKer

Post by colin elmer »

looking great just got to make it to the truck depot for Valla.
vanell
DSKer

Post by vanell »

Yesterday I had a few hours on it, top of the b pillar hinge was no good so I cut it out and welded a new bit in, sat the doors on and now will tackle the cargo door bottoms, I got Morts Cat in the hat here for a bit of welding, I think he should start a thread on it, maybe you guys can talk him into painting it , I am waiting on my door pin puller to be fixed and I ordered a number 4 screwdriver bit to fit in my impact driver so I can get his cargo doors off, Ian
IMG_3588.png
IMG_3589.JPG