DSKer

Re: 65 ute

Post by Beatts »

Looks great Ian. When are you putting some blue paint on those gates :shock:
vanell
DSKer

Post by vanell »

Thanks for the comments, Beatts it would be nice to swap that dove blue gate for a sea blue one, I think it would be a shame to paint it, I will have a go at painting the rear gate, I actually like the greenish drivers side gate as it is, cant wait to get it regoed and get it back home and lower it and put that bullet hole door on it, the wheels need to be black or maybe some mags on it, and put it to work , got a rear garden to tidy up. Ian
Steve Keeley
DSKer

Post by Steve Keeley »

what a tour de force- congratulations seems to small a thing to say. For those of us who have none of your skills the transformation does seem truly wizard like.

Heres to the "Wizz"
the invisible and the non existent look very much alike!
colin elmer
DSKer

Post by colin elmer »

The Wizard Story:
A few years ago a man moved amongst us from afar.
None of us recognised him or much less the powers that he possessed.
Over time his powers became apparent and he began to display these powers in even greater ways.

Now many undertake a restoration project and some succeed but Wiz can take two rusty pieces of metal and build a Kombi, beavering away in his shed, on his own, solving problems along the way.
He has powers to locate bits of Kombis others discard, the power to drag them home and then form them into a rolling, driving registered Kombi.
Many have experienced his powers here in Adelaide, from welding new floors, engine hangers, outriggers, long side sills to building beams, roof racks, fixing mis-aligned doors, accident damage, registering the unregisterable, spray painting, and this is just on my Kombis!
Many, many others have experienced his powers at work on their buses.
All hail to Wiz as another bus rolls out of his workshop, running, registered and driving as it should.

The ‘electric internet’ describes a Wizard as thus:
They have the ability to know when to act and when not to act, they have an acute sense of what will and will not work
vanell
DSKer

Post by vanell »

Thanks NOS Steve and Colin, Ute got reg on Wednesday, starter shit itself Wednesday afternoon, got the brakes pressure blead by Shane at CarTeck, and he put another starter in it, drove it today about 30 klms and it drives pretty good for a throw together bus, very happy with it, got home and lowered the front 35mm , happy with how it looks now, Brother not happy he cant get here to pick it up, guess I will have to drive it around a bit. Stopped on the Cubby hut for a while coz im not sure I should be spending a bunch of money right now, I'll find something to do. Ian
IMG_4677.JPG
MID WEST DUBBER
DSKer

Post by MID WEST DUBBER »

That’s great Ian, really cool looking SC 8)
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

Great that you got rego Ian - WIN!

Colin, I've never seen you write that may words in one post before. Massage that lot a little bit and you could have the makings of a hit single on your hands there...
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

Nothing better than commercial caps on clean white wheels. Fucking deluxes and all their fancy chrome ain’t got nothing on that look. Well done mate, let me know if your brother needs someone to drive it.
Chasing any Neiman steering lock parts, will consider anything.
spl65t
DSKer

Post by spl65t »

Looks great....
Attachments
33EBA135-07D4-46E6-9735-B9F0EA7C7CD2.jpeg
Der Splitty.....slowest thing up the Blue Mtns, since Wentworth, Blaxland & Lawson :twisted:
Beatts
DSKer

Post by Beatts »

Congratulations Ian, saw it on the hoist at Shane’s looks the goods.
vanell
DSKer

Post by vanell »

One thing I havn't shown is the logo on the side
IMG_4030.JPG
It says C W Anderson Reg Pasteurised Milk Vendor, I asked Jamie about it and he said that the property is run by a company now, near Coonamble in NSW
vanell
DSKer

Post by vanell »

Bullet hole door back on
IMG_4679.JPG
Colin has already got me loaded up with his stuff
IMG_4682.JPG
VRSenator065
DSKer

Post by VRSenator065 »

Top work mate. Fantastic.
vanell
DSKer

Post by vanell »

Thanks Guys, I’m already gathering parts for the next one, it’s an OG paint Dual Cab, bit of rust in the floors
Attachments
F6EEED2B-43B6-4ADA-A7F7-C26C12CA3BAF.jpeg
splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

vanell wrote:Thanks Guys, I’m already gathering parts for the next one, it’s an OG paint Dual Cab, bit of rust in the floors
A couple of year ago we all would have thought you were mad, now we’re all just thinking “yeah looks like a solid base for a Wiz build”.
Chasing any Neiman steering lock parts, will consider anything.