55 microbus

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

vanell
DSKer

Re: 55 microbus

Post by vanell »

Don’t listen to Matt, he’s still angry with me coz I like my sausages cooked well done
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

Ok I'll play along as well
Here's my 2 cents worth
They don't come much cooler than 55 pgsg so I'd be not parting with that bus, like matt said you've got it and that's the hardest part done
With a major bus project yours and mine and properly everyone else's I like to head to the shed a just say " I'm going to get that job done on the bus today, tonight, this hour " and complete something so it feel like u making progress be that big or small its progress
Now granted it dose need some rust repairs but just been able to go out the shed spend a hour at night or after work and just remove some aftermarket paint to reveal some og paint can be very rewarding and good for the soul and keep u inspired to push on with some rust repairs. Because it can turn into a bit of a slog just cutting rust, grinding down welds and so forth.
I'd be revealing that og paint on which ever end the bus is closest to the front door just to remind u how cool this bus is going to look when u do finish it when ever that may be.
Keep the pics coming we all love pics and especially since its a new build thread we want to encourage more activity on dsk
Will be a cool as bus once done
Good luck and Godspeed
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

vanell wrote:Dave, now this may sound a little harsh but that bus needs between 10k and 15k spent on it , and around 4 months constant work, you aint going to get it done 1 day a week, SO , and I know I will cop a bit of flack from this but somebody has to say it, you should sell this to either Brad or Colin, and with the money go and buy Brad's mates Oval Beetle, or swap Brad's mate Beetle for it, this way you have a driving vehicle straight away that you can enjoy, No late nights working on it and No extra money involved, Sorry to be so harsh mate but you get 2 days a year off for Volksfest and Day of , wouldn't be the same if you had to stay home and work on the bus. Ian
By the way good on Ian for having the balls to say what he thought and not pussy foot around
Yes I did want to buy this bus a few years back but I'm more than happy with my current project plus I don't think my marriage could handle another bus purchase
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

braddick wrote:'...They don't come much cooler than 55 pgsg so I'd be not parting with that bus, like matt said you've got it and that's the hardest part done
With a major bus project yours and mine and properly everyone else's I like to head to the shed a just say " I'm going to get that job done on the bus today, tonight, this hour " and complete something so it feel like u making progress be that big or small its progress
Now granted it dose need some rust repairs but just been able to go out the shed spend a hour at night or after work and just remove some aftermarket paint to reveal some og paint can be very rewarding and good for the soul and keep u inspired to push on with some rust repairs. Because it can turn into a bit of a slog just cutting rust, grinding down welds and so forth.
I'd be revealing that og paint on which ever end the bus is closest to the front door just to remind u how cool this bus is going to look when u do finish it when ever that may be.
Keep the pics coming we all love pics and especially since its a new build thread we want to encourage more activity on dsk
Will be a cool as bus once done
Good luck and Godspeed
And here ends today's sermon. Well said Brad!

Every little thing done means one less little thing to do.

What's your favourite tv show? Piss it off and spend that time in the shed...
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
VRSenator065
DSKer

Post by VRSenator065 »

Can I ask a dumb ass question what the hell is a Pgsg bus?
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

VRSenator065 wrote:Can I ask a dumb ass question what the hell is a Pgsg bus?
Palm green / sand green .... Paint colour
55-57 ( I think there 1 or 2 BD ) as well Dion will know
Then the mango green sea gull grey started in 58
rusty 55
DSKer

Post by rusty 55 »

Thanks all for the input
At the end of the day I’ll do what I want but it’s good to know that my mates are there and willing to put their 2cents in. Sometimes you need the advise you don’t want to hear!
So as I was ready to throw in the towel and sell the thing I thought I’d jump in the front and make “broom broom” noises one last time. As I looked at the drivers door card the vinyl was sticking up a bit, so I looked behind.
All of a sudden I leapt in to action and grabbed a screwdriver, I pulled the door card off and pulled at the shitty orange and black vinyl!
Then I decided to keep the bus feeling very inspired!
Attachments
96533DFF-C75C-4CAA-B54E-055001649744.jpeg
A84FA219-7628-40FA-B4CA-4B76B8FD30D3.jpeg
it’s got nuffin to do wiv yer “vor sprung Durch technic” ya know!
splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

Looking good mate. If you’re anything like me that’s your bus time for the next month :lol:
Chasing any Neiman steering lock parts, will consider anything.
vanell
DSKer

Post by vanell »

A friend of mine in Melbourne has a drag race car and needs constant maintenance, also has wife and kids, so he has a shed night, his is Monday night, gets home from work and heads out there, wife calls him in for tea, but other than that it’s all his night, every Monday night no matter what, all his mates know and usually call around to help, works great for him, gets parts during the week, will call on friends for the heavy work, always gets a bunch of stuff done. Ian
rusty 55
DSKer

Post by rusty 55 »

vanell wrote:A friend of mine in Melbourne has a drag race car and needs constant maintenance, also has wife and kids, so he has a shed night, his is Monday night, gets home from work and heads out there, wife calls him in for tea, but other than that it’s all his night, every Monday night no matter what, all his mates know and usually call around to help, works great for him, gets parts during the week, will call on friends for the heavy work, always gets a bunch of stuff done. Ian

Sounds like a great idea, when I get a bit more organised I’ll sort something similar. The only trouble I foresee is most of you guys love a beer and a chat and so do I. Might not get much done! But will be fun
colin elmer
DSKer

Post by colin elmer »

Youse are all clogging up the electric internet!
To my way of thinking Matt aint gonna have a lot of time to help as his wife already has 3 wedding anniversaries and his two kids 11 birthdays a year, that he must attend!!

But... did someone say Day Of??
Anyone know the date..

And happy to bring beer and drink whilst we work Dave.... I've made a career out of working and drinking for around 40plus years.
Beatts
DSKer

Post by Beatts »

I’ve got some panels that I don’t need. Might save you some freight if they are of any use to you.
Keep chipping away the alternative is expensive I’m helping Cooper put his future children through private school.

Cheers
Beatts
winerot
The Chairman

Post by winerot »

Yeh keep it, finish at your own pace & just looking at it will make your days better.

I still regret moving mine on.
Attachments
Valla_2012_042.jpg
http://mirrorimageweddings.com.au/
I am seatless none nudda zero zilch, have some lefties seeing that's the flavour of the month :oops:
VRSenator065
DSKer

Post by VRSenator065 »

Beatts wrote: I’m helping Cooper put his future children through private school.
Lol
rusty 55
DSKer

Post by rusty 55 »

Beatts wrote:I’ve got some panels that I don’t need. Might save you some freight if they are of any use to you.
Keep chipping away the alternative is expensive I’m helping Cooper put his future children through private school.

Cheers
Beatts
Cheers that’s great. I’m in no rush and still cleaning it up to workout what needs doing
I’ll let you know when I know