1962 Giobus - the journey starts today!

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Giobus
DSKer

1962 Giobus - the journey starts today!

Post by Giobus »

Hi All,

It's been a long time away from DSK, so here's a bit of where l come from - 15 odd years age when buses were at their peak, l was luck enough to find a this bus a 1962 11 window - complete down on the Mornington Peninsula, VIC.
It had been sitting on the nature strip for 2 years that l knew of it. When l got it home l charged the battery, started it and drove it up & down the driveway.
>> Downside - the roof sills were heavily rusted (well there weren't any) just bog and silicone , additionally there was a bit of rust in the sills, outrigger, nose & a cargo door.
So like any excited person with dreams of cruising in a beautiful restored bus, l started to strip it down.

It became apparent that timing is everything - l had time then but NO money or equipment to restore the bus. Fast forward 15 years, l in a similar but different position - i have the money and equipment but NO time.

What l do have now though is 'long service leave' which the wife persuaded me to take to clear my head and build my bus.

So the objective for the next 3 months is the take the 'old girl' from the above to the rendered image below.

I hope to keep you all posted on a regular basis of my progress and at times your assistance.
Giobus
ogrule
DSKer

Re: 1962 Giobus - the journey starts today!

Post by ogrule »

Nice bus looking forward to the build thread
Cheers
Peter
VRSenator065
DSKer

Re: 1962 Giobus - the journey starts today!

Post by VRSenator065 »

Fantastic, look forward to following along with the build. have fun!!