The 58- Finally with rego

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Zimblewinder
DSKer

Post by Zimblewinder »

just curious, are you going for a total respray?? Would you be interested in swapping for some other doors so I can go OG paint?? Let me know when you get around to paint. Looking great

Cheers
Dale
March 58 Euro 23.
April 59 Mango
Wanted:
59 crank handle (tick!)
cargo door outer handle 59
two perfect rear floor mats (pretty pretty please!!!)
nicko
DSKer

Doors

Post by nicko »

Hi Dale
I will be keeping the og paint for the moment and are going to try and blend some paint to match for the bits that need it. Down the track I may get it resprayed original colours but at this stage I dont know. Which doors are you after as I may know where some cargo ones are
Cheers Nicko
58 Standard
Wanted:
Caramel Front seat for 58 to 60 model. Not the hump style one. Any caramel interior stuff will be of interest
nicko
DSKer

Bumpers

Post by nicko »

Here are the bumpers that Quazi straightened for me. I had them sand blasted and have done them in POR15. Next I will Tie-coat them, hifill and paint. You can see from the photos just how straight Shane got them. His work is amazing. Check this out if you havnt seen the before shots. http://www.dsk.com.au/dsk/forum/viewtop ... ht=bumpers
All the bumpers need now is some hifill primer to smooth over and they are ready for paint.
Attachments
Bumpers4POR15.JPG
Bumpers4POR15.JPG (38 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
Bumpers3POR15.JPG
Bumpers3POR15.JPG (39.96 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
Bumpers2POR15.JPG
Bumpers2POR15.JPG (47.11 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
Bumpers1POR15.JPG
Bumpers1POR15.JPG (44.89 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
58 Standard
Wanted:
Caramel Front seat for 58 to 60 model. Not the hump style one. Any caramel interior stuff will be of interest
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

You putting 3 bumpers on?
nicko
DSKer

Post by nicko »

Yeh- Havnt seen that one before have you!!!

No Bruce The 3rd bumper will be for sale once I have fitted the others to the bus. I just thought I would get the spare blasted as it was in bare metal.
Cheers Nicko
58 Standard
Wanted:
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

haha, good one, need one for my mates bus...let me know how much? Can get it at old bar in a month or so...
nicko
DSKer

Post by nicko »

Yes will able to bring to Old Bar but first I have to get my bus back and fit the other as it was pretty damaged (I am looking at using the bar that was really flattened) and I just want to be %100 certain there will be no surprises. As for price I am not sure yet- I will have to see what they are going for. Will let you know when the bus comes back
Cheers Nicko
58 Standard
Wanted:
nicko
DSKer

Its home

Post by nicko »

The bus was delivered today and now the work begins- for me anyway- Where do I start- Have heaps of things I want to do but which one is first
Cheers Nicko
Attachments
The middle seat
The middle seat
middle seat.JPG (59.12 KiB) Viewed 3333 times
Delivery1.JPG
Delivery1.JPG (86.71 KiB) Viewed 3333 times
Delivery.JPG
Delivery.JPG (99.4 KiB) Viewed 3333 times
58 Standard
Wanted:
nicko
DSKer

Finally regoed

Post by nicko »

Its taken a while and the rear axle seal has failed after 30kms after it was replaced.- farrkk. Any suggestion about what I should be looking for when I pull it down. The whole reduction box was done- new bearing, seals gaskets etc
Cheers
Nicko
Attachments
Regoed2.JPG
Regoed2.JPG (42.73 KiB) Viewed 3275 times
Regoed1.JPG
Regoed1.JPG (58.64 KiB) Viewed 3275 times
Regoed.JPG
Regoed.JPG (58.01 KiB) Viewed 3275 times
58 Standard
Wanted:
winerot
The Chairman

Post by winerot »

that looks great nick you must be pleased as punch even with the seal problem, its only a slight hicup.
wally
frenzix
DSKer

Post by frenzix »

nice bus!
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

noice, this is where i go back to page 1 for a before shot, looks the goods mate..
kombiing
DSKer

Post by kombiing »

nice one nicko, good to see a reduction hub splitty on the road, did you put the paper gasket behind the rear wheel bearing cover? either that or the torque on rear axle nut
nicko
DSKer

Post by nicko »

Yes Wally I am stoked- I just want to drive it. Thanks for the comments- I looked at page one and while it still looks ruff it doesnt have big holes in it.
I put the gaskets in but I did have to pull the cover plate off as I had to do something with the brake backing plate so that might be the problem. The oil is coming out pretty quick though.
I never have been in a car with a split case transmission before and are surprised how noisey first and reverse are. I will have to make a video of it and post it here so I can find out if it is excessive
Cheers
Nicko
58 Standard
Wanted:
hjsimpson01
DSKer

Post by hjsimpson01 »

It'd be good to know about this a bit more, mine is going down same path once up and running, all original, reductions hubs, etc... Keep us informed (Like I need to say that!)
Where there's a Will there's a Kombi....

<b>KERMIT</b> - 1957 PG/SG Microbus
<b>PAT</b> - 1964 PMG Panel
<b>GOGH</b> - 1965 PW Kombi