Post by warb »

reduction hubs?... youll need some cheese with all that wine!.. :D
nicko
DSKer

Post by nicko »

Why couldnt it be beer?????
58 Standard
Wanted:
Caramel Front seat for 58 to 60 model. Not the hump style one. Any caramel interior stuff will be of interest
splitbus07
DSKer

Post by splitbus07 »

hehe
shake, rattle and roll.
dmb
Mod

Post by dmb »

congrats nick we will have to cruise one day.
Squat, place chin on chest, tuck head and tip forward, shoulders connect with ground and back follows through, legs go over the top and feet land on the ground. That's how I roll!
matara
Admin

Post by matara »

Love seeing them back on the road and being used. Did you replace the disk cups at the back of the reduction box where it meets the spring plate? These are often mangled, and sealed with silicon etc. Wolfsburg West sell replacements.

Cheers

Steve

nicko
DSKer

Post by nicko »

Sounds good Dave. I need to have a look at your seat belts oneday. Do the rear ones fix to the floor or to higher up?
Those plates come a bit later Steve- I think big nut boxes only
Cheers
Nicko
58 Standard
Wanted:
Caramel Front seat for 58 to 60 model. Not the hump style one. Any caramel interior stuff will be of interest
Zimblewinder
DSKer

Post by Zimblewinder »

looks fantastic Nicko. All the hard hours paid off hey. Hows the blistering pace of the 36?? :lol:

Need to get my mango off and running too. It would be nice for them to meet someday.

Cheers
Dale
March 58 Euro 23.
April 59 Mango
Wanted:
59 crank handle (tick!)
cargo door outer handle 59
two perfect rear floor mats (pretty pretty please!!!)
hjsimpson01
DSKer

Wine?

Post by hjsimpson01 »

Surely some of us out here would enjoy hearing the vehicle however it used to sound from original?

A bit like buying a Harley and making it run silent, I don't see too many people on silent Harleys? :P LOL
Where there's a Will there's a Kombi....

<b>KERMIT</b> - 1957 PG/SG Microbus
<b>PAT</b> - 1964 PMG Panel
<b>GOGH</b> - 1965 PW Kombi
D-Train
DSKer

Post by D-Train »

congrads nicko, lookin good mate..
nicko
DSKer

Post by nicko »

Thanks for the comments.
Dale It has a 40hp in there for the moment as I am still collecting for the 36hp. I had it up to 55mph with bug tyres on the front so it probably was only about 50. Looking forward to getting the white walls I picked up off ebay down from Brissy. How bout some photos of your mango?
hj I am not trying to make it run silent but I am scaring kids and little old ladys when I take off. I will put a video up when I get the seal fixed.
Cheers
Nicko
58 Standard
Wanted:
Zimblewinder
DSKer

Post by Zimblewinder »

Shifting house at the mo so Ill get some picks up once Ive got her in the new home. Lots to do there before that though. Hope it wont be too long before I can get back to playing in the garage. :( In the mean time the 23 has taken over dads shed and will be getting a rub as soon as I can shake a free weekend. (my shoulders are aching just thinking about primer filler :? )

Cheers
Dale
March 58 Euro 23.
April 59 Mango
Wanted:
59 crank handle (tick!)
nicko
DSKer

Post by nicko »

Shifting house what a pain in the rear that is. I moved about 2 weeks ago and I sent 2 buses to my brothers and brought the Mango with us. I am looking forwar to when our house renos are done as I am getting a bigger garage. If you wanted aching shoulders you could of come and helped me take up the floor boards in our house. Everyone told me I could never do it without breaking them but after about 3 days of shearing each nail between the floor boards and joists using a wrecking bar and sledge hammer the job is done and I only wrecked 4 boards
58 Standard
Wanted:
hjsimpson01
DSKer

Post by hjsimpson01 »

Comment was more aimed at warb about needing cheese with the wine... :) But thanks for the explanation nicko...
Where there's a Will there's a Kombi....

<b>KERMIT</b> - 1957 PG/SG Microbus
<b>PAT</b> - 1964 PMG Panel
<b>GOGH</b> - 1965 PW Kombi
Zimblewinder
DSKer

Post by Zimblewinder »

Lucky Im not that close to Blackhead hey :wink: . Been there, done that. I usually punch the nails in most of the way and then take the board off the top. If theres any damage its on the back side of the board anyway. Dont envy you that task though. The shifting has been pretty painless due to a great collection of friends easily bribed (BBQ and beer) all brought along their own trailers. Now its just putting it all away.

Cheers
Dale
March 58 Euro 23.
April 59 Mango
Wanted:
59 crank handle (tick!)
nicko
DSKer

Re: The 58- Finally with rego

Post by nicko »

Just out of interest what would a ballpark figure be for this if I were to sell??
Thanks
Nicko
58 Standard
Wanted: