My Panel -project DONE.

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

crewcabconnection
Mod

Post by crewcabconnection »

Post Narooma - Indian lowered it an inch or so ...

Looks better at the front now...

The night time project ... the audio/av install...now with 4 channel amp, MP3 HU, DVD unit and dash TFT...finding a spot for the amp was a pain...working on finishing the kick panels and door cards right now.

Welded in (ouch my paint) a removeable cross bar in the rear to catch the espresso machine should it decide to come towards me. Make it slot in as I wanted it to be able to flex.

Also got the rear divider formed and fitted today ... who said buses are square! so aiming to work this all up before Valla. The cardboard box represents the espresso machine, which is way too heavy to start moving about at this point.

Thinking of adding a green neon in there with a switch on the dash, give it a glow as it drives down the road ... but I bet thats illegal too.
Cognitive Dissonance - The only way to grind.
splt59
DSKer

Post by splt59 »

Neon... mmm... illegal as its a distraction to other drivers...
Semi-retired...
crewcabconnection
Mod

Installed the rear deck lighting. Defused 10W Halogens... Hoping to get Warb to knock out a print to go on the back board. Now not illegal, its an interior light.

This is the little bar fridge that holds about 6 litres of Milk...will install the espresso machine as soon as I get someone to give me a hand lifting it, I recon its a good 70kilos...just scored a stainless drip tray off eGay, so looking forward to that showing up. Looking prettier all the time.

Looks a bit better than a year ago...

Hanging out to get it all powered up this week.

All I gotta do now is figure out how a 55Amp gennie is gonna deliver the 4500W needed to power it...lol...so when the lights go out at Valla, you know who tripped the meter...
daveo
DSKer

Post by daveo »

Neat as a pin. Tidy !
lobus
DSKer

Post by lobus »

Looking svelt Deano,

Please make mine a long black or a Cappuccino (strong, skinny milk and no chocolate on top) please.
I'll leave me money above the sun visor or somewhere.

P.S. maybe you will have to practice up on the vw logo in the froth...hahaha

warb
Mod

Post by warb »

nice one, get me the art and ill print it, will look sweet..
lobus
DSKer

Post by lobus »

Warby, I just typed "Capuccino" into google images and there it is.
David
crewcabconnection
Mod

If anyone can cut a plastic stencil with DSK on it...lol...that would be sweet as ... more pics to come...
splt59
DSKer

Post by splt59 »

so is the defect cleared yet?
Semi-retired...
Tonz Magonz
Mod

Post by Tonz Magonz »

CCC, absolutely bloody brilliant.Great to see your original ideas becoming reality ,when its so easy to be a "gunner" on a project of this size...Looking forward to seeing all your handicraft and a skinny flat white at Valla... Happy to help with the Panelo-spresso brew session..Get Bruce to bring some Zenfelds beans from Byron..Truly magnificent coffee.Luuve good crema..... Cheers Tonz
Wanted..Barny bits or 60's Supercharger other than Judson
crewcabconnection
Mod

Ive been dreaming up this for way too many years ... theres a whole lot of daffy duck ideas that I wanted to try and do ... some are working out, some aint. Right now Im just working up the cab and the back. The cargo area is a bigger project, but it all takes time and money.

After Valla the kitchen guy will fit it out. The hassle is that you see something on someone elses bus and then no matter how you try and talk yerself into believing that you really dont need to do it....its too late (thanks Elton for having a spuffy interior).

But I want it to be a Micro Cafe ... and it MUST have wireless internet, MUST have a server and must be able to play LAN games and MAME. I also MUST have an LCD projector and 5.1 surround sound.

Do I need it? Not really, but I just WANT it like that.

So making coffee and playing cafe is part of the delusional mindset. It all part of the toybox. Will be fun to play cafe DSK at Valla for a couple of days ... but hopefully not too busy. If I made back my petrol money Id be happy I guess. But wont be doing it all day for the masses ... its more of an accessory that got silly.

Anyway, stuck the machine in tonight and kicked it up ... it mad how quick a real machine heat up milk compared to the little bench topper weve got in the kitchen...and the 20 mins it takes to warm up.

Guess I should order some coffee then ... I reckon about 5 kilos worth should do it. I hate cheap coffee van coffee, so will buy good stuff and wanna get a few blends in....anyone got any recommendations?

I figured Id get about 5 kilos worth for the weekend...bring yer own whiskey for that cold night air....lol...

warb
Mod

Post by warb »

nice one, ill need a double hit with my bacon and eggs...
crewcabconnection
Mod

double hit with Chivas.
daveo
DSKer

Post by daveo »

We need another Pannel that specializes in Bacon & eggs.
Call it the FAT Bus !
splt59
DSKer

Post by splt59 »

FAT or PHAT???

Looking good deano, now cant wait till your next visit, i have a big extension lead waiting at the door if you need it....mmmmmm i think i can smell it already...mmmmmmm
Semi-retired...