Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

dudes, i need a place to sleep
Dasdubber
DSKer

Post by Dasdubber »

crewcabconnection wrote:Yeah Alan, they are a great bunch. Im not sure I've got it quite right...but it sounds great...get your opinion at Valla. Running 2 HU one for DVD and one for Audio, as thats got separate Woofer RCAs and AUX input, so I can get video and play tunes at the same time.

Haven't done the cargo area yet, planning on adding another mono block later to drive the subs, and free up the existing amp to run a set of splits inside and some 6x9s in the back...

I kinda need a second battery set up though...55Amp gennies wont cut it.

Thanks for the link...Mr Shiney Car is the guru. Learned a lot - but you could go broke in that forum ay.

Yep shiny car is the man with car audio - and you are right about going broke on there. I started out with a $1500 system, but after some "research" ended up spending much more than anticipated, ah well, such is life! Glad to hear you are slowly getting it all sorted! Will definitely catch up for a beer/esperesso at valla!
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

ill just take a tarp and sleep in it...or under a not so low bus...haha, will be fun....until it rains
crewcabconnection
Mod

Post by crewcabconnection »

...mmm...learned something today...if you wire up audio gear, not off the ignition ... then if theres enough of it ... it will still draw down off the battery and flatten it, as theres no aux in a splitter ... great ... also just discovered I need an RCD to run the espresso machine, and not at all sure I'll get a power board wired up before Valla too. Engines out the bus, and hopefully collect it Weds...anyone else feel like the someone somewhere up there is trying to tell you something? ... lol
Cognitive Dissonance - The only way to grind.
crewcabconnection
Mod

Post by crewcabconnection »

Its now officially all over.

Ran the bus to the local soccer gala day (where my kid plays)...brewed up all day...nothing went tits up for once. So the bus headed ever so slightly into the positive cash flow for a change.

So its all over, the long term Daffy Duck plan worked. Not sure I'd want to do it all the time - being nice to the 'general public' is very draining, but after 2 years I've proved my point (only to myself). It can be done with a splitter and be a viable business venture.

Will just finish the cargo area, the trim and re-do some paint in the next few months, but pretty happy with the end result, a bus that could work for a living as it was originally intended to do.

If only it was a Double Door (the voices are telling me)...
Cognitive Dissonance - The only way to grind.
lobus
DSKer

Post by lobus »

If it was a double door you could use ut as a bridge when it wasn't brewing.
Coulda bee handy the other weekend...a bridge...or gumboots...or both