Bruce is to blame for this (Cruz to meet the White Sharks SA

Got a story or funny incident involving your split? Post them here.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Dasdubber
DSKer

Post by Dasdubber »

Early September sounds great to me Ian!
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

shark wrote:How about September 1 (Sat) 2013 we leave for Port Lincoln from a number of locations.

One idea is groups from The NSW east coast and Qld meet at Broken Hill Monday 3rd then move on to Port Augusta. We meet anyone coming from SA or Vic or Tas or Nt or Wa there & move on to Port Lincoln in convoy.
Stay at Lincoln for 4 nights to Shark Dive, Drink, Tuna Dive, Drink, Seal Dive, Drink, Fish & Drink :roll:

After all that everyone just goes home their own way in small groups ?

I can organise the diving bits as I am involved with the operators, Someone organises the drinking bits. Spider you still out there ? any chance of a big Shindig at your Farm just out of Lincoln ??

If all good we would get some organisers in each state to organise points of departure for the trip Morts poss SA, Al poss QLD etc etc
Happy to get involved this end. How about we get consensus on the actual date of the diving bits and work backwards from there. Let me know if you are having trouble contacting Spider and I will give him a ring...
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Sounds good Michael

Way I figure NSW & QLD people can organise how fast it will take them to make Broken Hill on the night of Monday 3rd, at a Van Park to be notified. I figure if you leave Home the morning of the 1st you should get to Broken Hill no worries ?. Then we leave the morning of the 4th for Port Augusta in convoy. I am guessing 2 days with a night camping to Augusta as a group (it's 414km but assuming we leave van park late we may want to take it easy and get to Augusta early for us all to get settled for a big night ). So meet you guys around Port Augusta for a night on 6th Sept. It should only take a day from Augusta easy so arrive Lincoln on 7th Sept. So 7th,8th,9th,10th at Lincoln longer if people wish ? Then we all go home at our own pace.

This is just one idea ?
I know what I am doing - I Think ?
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Just had a look at a map and the Goldie guys, Northern NSW Guys and Sydney guys all hit Cobar it's a Junction in the road, so this is the best place to meet up rather than Broken Hill. so new route would be ; :oops:

Way I figure NSW & QLD people can organise how fast it will take them to make Cobar on the night of Monday 3rd, at a Van Park to be notified. I figure if you leave Home the morning of the 1st you should get to Cobar no worries ?. Then we leave the morning of the 4th for Port Augusta in convoy. I am guessing 2 days with a night camping just past Broken Hill then to Augusta . So meet you guys around Port Augusta for a night on 6th Sept. It should only take a day from Augusta easy so arrive Lincoln on 7th Sept. So 7th,8th,9th,10th at Lincoln longer if people wish ? Then we all go home at our own pace.

This is just one idea ?
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

Sounds really good Ian.

So Port Augusta will be where we all come together and cruise on into Lincoln the following day. Will have to be some epic splitty footage that comes out of this adventure...

Just told the wife that her next years birthday present she will be diving with the sharks... :twisted:
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Yep mate should be great. Before we get to you at Augusta we should be able to get a night in the desert, just setting up camp off the road. I did this a few times when I would bring from Sydney to Lincoln my 8mtr research boat. We had a bigger mothership down at Lincoln which we had as a base usually, many miles to sea. On the way down we would have this boat with shark cage pulling it into remote places way out west. More than once, I would have some farmer come up to me and say , what's that thing for? way out here ? I would reply we were working our way through the dams and billabongs looking for Bunyip's :P :lol:

Any way just stopping out of Broken hill on the way to the boarder was always a high part of the trip. Just lying and looking up at the stars GOLD.

Any idea of a good place for us all to meet up near Augusta ? They mine Salt at the head of the Gulf there, is there a good van park there ? or some other place. Augusta is a interesting place, the road to Darwin is just there also, some place around there, could be good for a night also?
Kombi Trip
DSKer

Post by Kombi Trip »

shark wrote:
Any idea of a good place for us all to meet up near Augusta ? They mine Salt at the head of the Gulf there, is there a good van park there ? or some other place. Augusta is a interesting place, the road to Darwin is just there also, some place around there, could be good for a night also?
free camping at Point Lowly looks interesting on a google search (i have not been there) - downside appears to be but not much shade and cold showers by the look of reports. Be nice to not be in Augusta (really not that interesting!) and this is only 15 km out as one option.
Imagine what you would do if you knew you couldn't fail.
jamesminhard
DSKer

Trip

Post by jamesminhard »

Hi folks, yes Im still alive an am very happy to hav a big kombi get together in my shed one night when everyone is over. Iv got heaps of space so all are welcome to stay. I'm flexible with dates in September too. It's a good time of year for me as a farmer. look forward to it all happenin Cheers Spider
Spider
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Sounds like a wrap IT"S A BIG PARTY AT SPIDERS PLACE !!!!!! Mate you had better swipe a few old plow discs of the old plow and weld some water pipe on the bottom :roll: they make great BBQ's :lol:

Kombi Trip Point Lowly looks like a great option for a big bash for the night QLD, NSW trippers meet up with VIC , SA and TAS (Penguin hope you are coming). Having a quick look at Lowly there is a Lighthouse quarters building the Local Uniting Church rents out. Could be a good option to hire as party central and accom for any kids. The rest of us could just park the kombi's around the lighthouse to sleep in. That way we would have electricity , showers etc etc as a night base. Any way and Morts can follow this up and make some bookings etc. I am sure all can throw in some accom for the quarters? if available.
Dasdubber
DSKer

Post by Dasdubber »

Sounds like the plans are coming together nicely Ian. Thanks for taking the reigns and getting things organised! Looking forward to it immensely even though its around a year away :)
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Because it's a year away and not a Valla year it is a advantage. It also gives all a chance to plan and get their busses ready. That means Al you have time to get your Barn Door ready or another bus :lol:
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

shark wrote:Kombi Trip Point Lowly looks like a great option for a big bash for the night QLD, NSW trippers meet up with VIC , SA and TAS (Penguin hope you are coming). Having a quick look at Lowly there is a Lighthouse quarters building the Local Uniting Church rents out. Could be a good option to hire as party central and accom for any kids. The rest of us could just park the kombi's around the lighthouse to sleep in. That way we would have electricity , showers etc etc as a night base. Any way and Morts can follow this up and make some bookings etc. I am sure all can throw in some accom for the quarters? if available.
The lighthouse is booked out on 6, 7 & 8th September, 2013.

A pity realy coz it would have made a great backdrop for all those splits...
Kombi Trip
DSKer

Post by Kombi Trip »

http://www.nuttbush.com.au/accommodation/

here's another option then - 40 km west of Port Augusta.
Imagine what you would do if you knew you couldn't fail.
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Sounds good what do you guys reckon ? all we need is a place to all meet up and have a campfire and piss up before heading together to Lincoln 8)
Dasdubber
DSKer

Post by Dasdubber »

I'm quite happy to go with the recommendations of you guys - never having been there before means I can't really give too much input :) Looking forward to it though