Bruce is to blame for this (Cruz to meet the White Sharks SA

Got a story or funny incident involving your split? Post them here.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

splitwit
DSKer

Post by splitwit »

sounds like a once in life time experience. i,m in.... now just have to finish the bus.
snakeman
DSKer

Post by snakeman »

put me and the tribe down should be a good time
Dasdubber
DSKer

Post by Dasdubber »

Certainly is gathering some momentum - my good mate Geoff (whom you've met up here before Ian) is keen to make the trip with his wife and kids in their bay window. Looking forward to it already despite being a long time away!
Al
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

OK so there seems to be a few out there who think this gig is a good idea.

I think it will be a great trip and we will get some desert (Broken Hill section) Sharks (port Lincoln) Wine ( SA wine area) & surf (bells and up the coat) But the really cool bit I think will be a bunch of Kombi's cruzing the great ocean road BRING IT ON !!!

I think the best way forward is to get a person from each State to act as Trip Captain to get their lot (other people coming) to a meeting point on the road so we can all link up along the way?

So any one willing to put their hand up ?

Eg say the OLD guys and North NSW guys could meet the South Coast NSW and Syd guys at Orange or Nyngan as this is where roads could meet. SA guys could meet us at Port Agusta ? NT guys if any can also meet at Port Agusta as you just have to drive down through the centre and the road comes out at Port Agusta.

Once we have some people to put their hand up from each state we can start to put some plans in action.
I know what I am doing - I Think ?
Dasdubber
DSKer

Post by Dasdubber »

I'm happy to help co-ordinate the QLD contingent - meeting at my workshop before the trip to valla seemed to work pretty well (albeit this trip will be just a little further than valla) :)
Al
Kombi Trip
DSKer

Post by Kombi Trip »

Ian, With the effort you are going to and the fantastic opportunity of doing this - imagine the combined cool of a kombi convoy and a shark cage dive - I would be more than willing to arrange SA people to get from Adelaide to Port Augusta and anything else needed eg. trip home through SA .
I may be in post 67 kombi though...

Nick
Imagine what you would do if you knew you couldn't fail.
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Thanks guys Al with the QLD guys way to go mate

Nick you SA guys get the good deal as you get a 600K cruze to Lincoln stuff yourself with Coffin Bay oysters, Lincoln King George whiting, Fresh Tuna & poss a cray 8) then wash it all down with Port Lincoln wine (this is good wine Neil Perry uses it in his Rockpool menu as well as other top chefs) & o yes hopefully we dive with White Sharks. Then you get all of us coming back through Adelaide and the SA wine country before you go home 8) Cool

Thanks Nick for the offer of help if you can organise the SA mob it would be great.

Can we get some Vic guys' and hopefull ACT mob

Any chance we could get some WA boys and NT ?

Hey Ash ( if any of you guys speak to him if he doesn't see this post). Get him to PM me as we could make a doco on this ? I would be happy to work with him on this with both our Doco experience we could make a cood show.
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Just a quick update guys - I have not forgotten and am still serious about this trip !!!!!!!

I am in Hawaii right now trying to get eaten ha ha but will be in Lincoln in late January. I will organise it all then.

Keep planning and setting some time aside as this will be a great trip.
Loz
DSKer

Post by Loz »

sounds like a killer trip, always wanted to do the sth end!!!
NORENT
DSKer

Post by NORENT »

Hey Ian, what month we thinkin for this road trip, we are also in the process of trying to plan another o/s trip....
give us a yell when your back and me n muzza were talkin about coming up north for a wave round your new joint somewhere
Cheers, G.
IN DAK WE TRUST...
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Greg I think August should be the GO it will be a trip not to miss

I will set a full date in Mid Feb as soon as I get back from a shark trip I have to do.

Give me a ring mate and we will organise a surf in the next week or so, You, me, Muzz and any one else
Dasdubber
DSKer

Post by Dasdubber »

Hey mate, any news on dates or plans? I know my family, and two other families from up here are keen for the trip still - just need to start planning ahead for time off work etc.

Cheers
Al
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Yep I need to get my finger out of my ass

Poss best to see what month suits all interested persons

I am thinking September ? but not sure what other people think ? Oct is ok also but I would advise agains Nov, Dec, Jan or Feb as the predom wind is east quarter which is not good for the bay at North neptune. I am happy with March on in 2012 or Sep- Oct in this year.

It will be a great trip especially the white sharks and surfing at Bells & other locals on the way home.
snakeman
DSKer

Post by snakeman »

I'll start with Sept17 to Oct 2 is Qld school holidays witch would be good for me, 2 older school kids that can't miss time out off term just a suggestion .
Cheers Steve (Das Resto Haus)
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

I have no problem with that Steve school Holidays would be OK. Lets see what others say ?

As said in a earlier post we will pick up different groups as we go

Ie leave Syd via Orange, Nyngan, Broken Hill, Port Augusta, Lincoln, Then back through Wine Country ie Barossa etc Through to SA coast, Mount Gambia, Great Ocean Road, Bells, then up Vic coast through to NSW coast and home

IIe QLD guys could meet the convoy at Nyngan or Cobar or Broken Hill, North Vic guys could meet us around Peterborough or Broken Hill & South or West Vic guys could meet us with SA guys at Port Augusta. Anyone from NT could come straight down the centre and pop out at Port Augusta. Anyone from WA could meet at Port Lincoln 8)

Just some ideas

Best spot to stay at Lincoln is the van park on Boston Bay just out of town. There are good powered sites and it's a good place to get a feed of King George Whiting

http://www.saringroup.com.au/property/a ... uristpark/

There are a couple of others one at North Shields but our Port Lincoln Kombi mates may be able to help with local goss as to which is best.

While in Lincoln we will do a White Shark Cage Dive on one day and I recommend doing a snorkel in a Tuna pen which I can organise at a discount rate.

Also a trip to some wine growers at Boston Bay and poss some Coffin Bay oysters.

3 nights in Lincoln would be enough and then back on the road ?

Plan for the trip is to meet as many Split Kombi people as we can on the way around ?