Bruce is to blame for this (Cruz to meet the White Sharks SA

Got a story or funny incident involving your split? Post them here.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Well as I am (I guess) organizing the Sydney departure how does this sound

Sydney and Outer areas etc etc etc meet at Lithgow at 8am headed as far as possable on day 1 (26th September) My reasoning for Lithgow is people can come from all directions to Lithgow . We will be going SYD, Orange, Nyngan etc. It would be best to try to get a good run in on 26th so we don't have such a big day on the 27th. Kombi's and Skippy don't make good bed fellows :wink: so running into Cobar and Broken Hill would be best done in full day light. If all goes well Nyngan would be a good stop over for the first night ?
I know what I am doing - I Think ?
hurricane
DSKer

Post by hurricane »

A mate of mine did this on the weekend and saw 7 different sharks!!
Bucket list item...
snakeman
DSKer

Post by snakeman »

come on QLD don't make me the only split from QLD who's in? remember if you can't take a split it's open to all VW.
Cheers Steve
jamesminhard
DSKer

Post by jamesminhard »

looking foreward to having everybody in my neck of the woods
Spider
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Hey Morts with the timetable Al has put up do you think we have time to check out some wine cellar door's. Do you have a place for us to camp at ie van park with both powered and cabin sites we can stay at ?. I will be staying in Longimanus but I think some others may want cabins. Any changes to out timetable reccomended should be done now so we can lock some stuff in.
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Hey Spider it's going to be great mate
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

A bit busy right atm, but will look into over the next few days.

Was at the optomerist today (yep an old prick now as I need reading glasses - might leave it a year or so though before I buy an old guys rule tee!!) and he is doing it in June.....
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
beerdoc
DSKer

Post by beerdoc »

shark wrote:Hey Morts with the timetable Al has put up do you think we have time to check out some wine cellar door's. Do you have a place for us to camp at ie van park with both powered and cabin sites we can stay at ?. I will be staying in Longimanus but I think some others may want cabins. Any changes to out timetable reccomended should be done now so we can lock some stuff in.
If you need more time Mt Gambier to Lorne is easy in one day and you could get there on Sat
Cheers Doc

reVOLKS at Geelong
11th /13th Oct 2013

Kombi Trip
DSKer

Post by Kombi Trip »

morts wrote:A bit busy right atm, but will look into over the next few days.

Was at the optomerist today (yep an old prick now as I need reading glasses - might leave it a year or so though before I buy an old guys rule tee!!) and he is doing it in June.....
Why is your optometrist getting an old guys rule t shirt? Oh, I didn't see the bracket - what's his number :oops: :lol:

I am still a starter too. Will rearrange whatever I need to get to this.
Imagine what you would do if you knew you couldn't fail.
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Doc wrote
If you need more time Mt Gambier to Lorne is easy in one day and you could get there on Sa
I agree we should be able to pic up a day there I am keen to spend a couple of days with Morts doing some cellar doors. I think Morts is coming to Lincoln also so we should be able to do the Lincoln wine also :D
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

time to start planning some activities?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2566641/shark/
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Good special effects it's great to see a filmmaker with a good sense of humor

Hey Warby are you coming on this mad Kombi adventure mate
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!

I just casually checked in with mission control and asked if we had anything planned over this period and was told we have a long standing camping date with my old school friends and their families from 29 September to 3 October...!! :shock: :? :roll: :evil:

I am not able to break this as it was after all my idea, however the good news is that we will be going to Black Point on Yorke Peninsula and since the return leg is going to back through Adelaide I could either pick up with you at Port Wakefield or in Adelaide when you arrive. (subject to firming up dates/times)

Ian, where were you thinking about checking out cellar doors - Barossa or McLaren Vale. If in McLaren Vale I will certainly be able to help out with places to stay and wineries to visit - let me know.

Cheers, Morts
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

shark wrote: Hey Warby are you coming on this mad Kombi adventure mate
doubt it, you never know tho!
jamesminhard
DSKer

Post by jamesminhard »

The lucky Bay to Wallaroo ferry is currently NOT operating, i dont expect it to be any time soon either.
Spider