Bruce is to blame for this (Cruz to meet the White Sharks SA

Got a story or funny incident involving your split? Post them here.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Dasdubber
DSKer

Post by Dasdubber »

Don't stress Ian - its all good at our end. It gives Steve a chance to get rid of his reduction hubs and rebuild his engine for better highway cruising speed. Geoff and his family are cool with the postponement - as you say it just gives others more chance to try and jump aboard. Can't wait for it to come around next year! Better pull my finger out and maybe build some sort of splitty :)

I'm still hoping maybe frequent flyer miles might get me down to Vic for ReVolks.

Cheers
Al
sneak_e
DSKer

Post by sneak_e »

Why not work the new dates in with that Volkstrek that's in July next year and have a huge turnout?

I reckon I could make a pretty big magazine feature out of it that would run in VWMA and some other overseas mags.
---------------------------
http://www.brianwhite.com.au
http://www.circlework.com.au
---------------------------
NORENT
DSKer

Post by NORENT »

Hey, what time of year are you thinking now? As i just booked 3 months away Aug/Sept/Oct. will be cruising around Spain, Portugal and Morrocco... was spewin i was gunna miss the road trip... well, in a way, haha.
Anyway now i might be able to go... see how far i can stretch the bosses limits....
will keep an eye on the post from now.
Cheers, Greggo.
IN DAK WE TRUST...
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

sneak_e wrote:Why not work the new dates in with that Volkstrek that's in July next year and have a huge turnout?

I reckon I could make a pretty big magazine feature out of it that would run in VWMA and some other overseas mags.
Great :idea:
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

shark wrote:Morts silver lining is more may be able to come with more notice even Bruce (barnie)(Byron Bus ) ? :P
Hi Ian - the silver lining comment was coz, after talking this up, I wasn't going to be able to make it due to a prior long standing committmment, so I am quiet happy about the change.... :D :wink:
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
damo99
DSKer

Post by damo99 »

any news on this trip if its after feb next year i'm in
Kombi Trip
DSKer

Post by Kombi Trip »

Can we fire this idea up again? I AM STILL KEEN AS MUSTARD :D
Imagine what you would do if you knew you couldn't fail.
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Back in the country mate. No reason not to I seem to have sorted my hassles (knock on wood)

Longimanus is finished now finally so I am good who else is keen?
I know what I am doing - I Think ?
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

shark wrote:Back in the country mate. No reason not to I seem to have sorted my hassles (knock on wood)

Longimanus is finished now finally so I am good who else is keen?
coming through Ballarat to SA :idea: :wink:
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

We are working on reserecting this for next year. I will post with times soon so stay tuned guys. Sharks, Surf, Kombi's, Australian Sea Lions, Blue Fin Tuna & fish to catch 8)
Dasdubber
DSKer

Post by Dasdubber »

We are definitely up for it Ian. I know Steve is keen still too. I've been chatting with him about tentative dates - but any suggestions others have for dates would be good too.
Al
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

nice one mate, hopefully can fit it in the bloody calendar.. :wink:
spl65t
DSKer

Post by spl65t »

Was thinking same thing !
Linz
Der Splitty.....slowest thing up the Blue Mtns, since Wentworth, Blaxland & Lawson :twisted:
thebear
DSKer

Post by thebear »

Sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing more details.
The ad said rust only in the usual places...
71 Type 3 wagon "Paddy"
65 11 window "Manfred" by DAS
56 Panel. One day......
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

How about September 1 (Sat) 2013 we leave for Port Lincoln from a number of locations. This is 3 weeks before school holidays so it should be easy to book accom along the way and at van park at Port Lincoln.

One idea is groups from The NSW east coast and Qld meet at Broken Hill Monday 3rd then move on to Port Augusta. We meet anyone coming from SA or Vic or Tas or Nt or Wa there & move on to Port Lincoln in convoy.
Stay at Lincoln for 4 nights to Shark Dive, Drink, Tuna Dive, Drink, Seal Dive, Drink, Fish & Drink :roll:

After all that everyone just goes home their own way in small groups ?

I can organise the diving bits as I am involved with the operators, Someone organises the drinking bits. Spider you still out there ? any chance of a big Shindig at your Farm just out of Lincoln ??

If all good we would get some organisers in each state to organise points of departure for the trip Morts poss SA, Al poss QLD etc etc