The buSdrivEr's RoAdTRiP adVEntUres

Got a story or funny incident involving your split? Post them here.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

the bus driver
DSKer

Post by the bus driver »

Ian 68 wrote:Steph,

Man with your zest for life and the determination you and the Family have..well, I guess we'll see you soon then !

Be lucky

Best

Ian & Fam
I hope so..

Maybe in a few yrs.. :wink:

Cheers Stephan
A bad day at surf always beats a good day at work
Dutchy
DSKer

Post by Dutchy »

great story Stephan.. we are doing a big Europe trip in our '66 in August. your story makes me look forward to the road trip.. We will have our our 1 year old with us, have you got any advice on ways to make travel with the young child easier??? im thinking of getting a pair of ear muffs for the little one.. :lol:
Tonz Magonz
Mod

Post by Tonz Magonz »

Dutchy..
Lesson I learnt, was being too nice to littleuns, and now they wont travel in a stinky old kombi..
Keep the earmuffs for you and winglady.. :wink:
Wanted..Barny bits or 60's Supercharger other than Judson
the bus driver
DSKer

Post by the bus driver »

Dutchy wrote:great story Stephan.. we are doing a big Europe trip in our '66 in August. your story makes me look forward to the road trip.. We will have our our 1 year old with us, have you got any advice on ways to make travel with the young child easier??? im thinking of getting a pair of ear muffs for the little one.. :lol:
Thx!

If he's only 1 yr old than don't worry about it too much, he'll be fine as he probably still sleeps a lot..
Try and do long drives in the evening, it's good for many reasons.. Your little 'un sleeps, engine gets cooler air, less traffic on the roads, etc etc..
My son is nearly 2 now and he's (obviously) more aware of thing now, he moans when he has to sit in the back but when he sits next to me - he'll enjoy it for hours!! :D

Where are you going to?? Are you shipping your bus over or is it in Holland?? (referring to your nickname)
Dutchy
DSKer

Post by Dutchy »

We already have our bus over at my brothers place in UK. Doing the Spa show then visit family in NL and down through Bavaria to Salzburg, our favourite place.. Over the Alps and a through Switzerland and France with a long stop in Paris.. Then VW action show at Santa Pod.
Good idea trying to cover most of the km in the evening when the 18 month old is asleep.... then we can relax during the day.
Will you be at Spa?
the bus driver
DSKer

Post by the bus driver »

Dutchy wrote:We already have our bus over at my brothers place in UK. Doing the Spa show then visit family in NL and down through Bavaria to Salzburg, our favourite place.. Over the Alps and a through Switzerland and France with a long stop in Paris.. Then VW action show at Santa Pod.
Good idea trying to cover most of the km in the evening when the 18 month old is asleep.... then we can relax during the day.
Will you be at Spa?
Wow, seems like you have some serious driving planned in Europe 8)

Exactly, and if you plan a little everyday than you can arrange so you wake up in a nice place ..
Not sure whether i'll be at Spa, at the moment I'm still hunting for a job and obviously my summer planning will depend on that :wink:

jecoerrecord wrote:I have seen your uploaded photographs in your posting, it is one nice travel tour with your personal family also, there is one nice your baby with you also, so you had got lot of enjoyment with together, in photographs you have seen that you are bus driver your self also, it is very interesting for all, I have seen all photographs and I feel that like I have been one travel tour.
Haha your post made me laugh, I love a bit of google translater :lol:
Cheers for your comment !! 8)