Splitty + Natural beauty of Tasmania

Got a story or funny incident involving your split? Post them here.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Joelwantsasplit
DSKer

Splitty + Natural beauty of Tasmania

Post by Joelwantsasplit »

Took this today, what do you all think?
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

nice one mate, love the south island ;) .. go and shop out that power pole ;) ..
Joelwantsasplit
DSKer

Cheers mate it's a beautiful place! Good fun to explore in a split :)
Yes I will but unfortunately I'm on a computer without a good version of photoshop. Although us Tasmanian's are quite proud of those power things, almost seems a shame to get rid of it. Apparently they make electricity or something ;)
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

Great shot mate, i grew up around your area, lived there for 28 years. Mainlanders don't get the historical importance of the H.E.C :lol: .
On a side note, did i see a while ago that you had Alan Baths old DC ? geez it looked different to when i last saw it..
Joelwantsasplit
DSKer

She's a beautiful place mate :) Where abouts in Tassie did you grow up?

Haha yes Barthys old bus, I'll try and dig up a pic. I'm guessing you saw it when it was still out at South Burnie? As far as I know the DC is currently being bare metal restoed in Launie!
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

Joelwantsasplit wrote:She's a beautiful place mate :) Where abouts in Tassie did you grow up?

Haha yes Barthys old bus, I'll try and dig up a pic. I'm guessing you saw it when it was still out at South Burnie? As far as I know the DC is currently being bare metal restoed in Launie!
Good to hear about Bathy's bus, in the day she was smick, did you ever see his Beetle? Frikkin amazing! .
I moved to Burnie when I was 18 from Penguin, also lived in Cooee and somerset for a few years. Alan looked after my dads Vdubs for 25 years, I learn't heaps from Alan, glad he has retired!
Joelwantsasplit
DSKer

Wow mate, it's a small world! I'm living in Somerset right now.

Unfortunately I never got to see his beetle but I heard it was impressive :)
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

i was there the day it was sold to a 17 yo , later that night it was doing burnouts in the beach carpark..
So you didn't sell the panel in the end? keeping it?
Joelwantsasplit
DSKer

Yeah mate keeping the panel, fortunately my circumstances changed and I could keep her :) How's the 13 winda going mate? Looks schweeet as
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

13's going well, I've done a shit load of work to get things reliable , it's set up for distance touring for a while, as long as I take heaps of spare fuel we should be ok ! . Will bring it to Tas next year for a trip to catchup with mates, will sing out then , might be able to get a small cruise happening ..
Joelwantsasplit
DSKer

Definitely mate! Let us know when your coming down, the Tassie boys are always keen for a cruise. I'm guessing the 2276 isn't exactly fuel efficient?
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

My old 308 Monaro was better... and held more than 40 litres... :shock:
Joelwantsasplit
DSKer

shit :shock: out of curiosity, what model monaro?
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

I found this pic from about 2000 ish.. did you know Paul crossey? he was the manager at repco in Burnie, he own this car for years, i bought it then stacked it..hmm .
Joelwantsasplit
DSKer

Choice as man, no not personally but my old man knows him.. Hj??? I think, I'm fairly rusty with the Hq-Hz models