PG/SG Semaphore rescue

Got a story or funny incident involving your split? Post them here.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

martinigreenbus
DSKer

PG/SG Semaphore rescue

Post by martinigreenbus »

Sort of didn't know where to put this... so here goes

I went on a Hans Solo adventure today for a fella who asked a while ago..... He's a long way away, so couldn't really do much about it....

Wasn't the earliest start to the day, I left home at 1030, 'cause I'm batchin' and I had to do two loads of washing as I dont think we'll have another sunny day for a while.... I'd run out of clean green g bangers for work.

Then I drove for about four hours.... traffic was good being Sunday, but who else has noticed all the fucking Cadel Evans wanna be's that seem to breed when the Monkey eating bike race is on ???

This is one of the reasons I went there....

The bus was parked in a bit of a dip, so I had to skull drag it out.... front wheels turned OK and still had some air in them, back is a on a bit of a bodgy dummy axle, but rolled ok when pulled...

So I got it up on the trailer no drama's, then cleared out trying to get home in time to get the dry washing off the line....

When I went to back into the driveway at home, bloody thing is high in the back because of the dodgy dummy axle, so it broke my christmas lights and give the house a touch up..... the dint in the back of the roof will buff out :wink:

So I had to take it off the bloody trailer 'cause I dont think leaving a PGSG Semaphore bus on a car trailer out the front of the house overnight is such a great idea.... especially one that isn't mine ;)

So it's home, out the front of the shed to let all of the critters make their way out, couple of spiny gecko's dropped out when unloading... they were pretty cold :lol:

So finally got inside out of the bloody cold and had a beer.... not the easy 8 hr day I had in mind with having to take it off the trailer, but none the less, 11 hr's later, beer is good and rum is about to be better ;)

For the person who will take delivery of this soon enough, maybe PM me your email address, I've got some more pics :wink:
Dibsy
DSKer

Post by Dibsy »

Great story mate, Great bus also !
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

mate thats great.
love the pics with the hard work... enjoy the cold one :wink:
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about
MID WEST DUBBER
DSKer

Post by MID WEST DUBBER »

yep, thats the one we spotted coming through Ararat yesterday on our way home from a trip to Geelong. Great pics 8)
spl65t
DSKer

Post by spl65t »

Good effort there, that's what it's all about.
Cheers Linz
Der Splitty.....slowest thing up the Blue Mtns, since Wentworth, Blaxland & Lawson :twisted:
Dutchy
DSKer

Post by Dutchy »

nice one mate.. i went out there a while back.. it all seemed too hard to move them at the time..

viewtopic.php?t=8856&highlight=victoria

nice to see them being saved. 8)
martinigreenbus
DSKer

Post by martinigreenbus »

Seems we all knew a bit about them, I know a guy out there who told me about them in March 2009, about a month after you first posted the original thread Dutchy.... but at the time I had nowhere to store them, as the cave wasn't part of the super fund back then :wink:

So Wally got in first... Good on him.

I couldn't see any of your pics Dutchy, but I read that you said the rear lights were good on one of them ???

I've just sent Wally about a hundred pictures of all of them, and there wasn't one rear light on any of them that was any good......

The buses had also been moved from where they originally were in the pics Wally sent me earlier in the year as well......
Dutchy
DSKer

Post by Dutchy »

yeah, id have to dig the pics up..
maybe the bloke noticed that i payed special attention to the lights and removed them??? or maybe the bus with them has moved on?
the pg/sg was my fav out of the bunch.. good lot of buses for building racecars from... floors already removed (by the goats)
the panel was my pick for a race bus project..