Canberra Show

Got a story or funny incident involving your split? Post them here.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

BUSSBOY
DSKer

Canberra Show

Post by BUSSBOY »

After the debacle of my last big trip I was hesitant to go to far so 4 weeks ago I took the bus and its rebuilt transmission to Bendigo for a weekend away.
All good with this so last Wednesday loaded up the bus and of we went to Canberra , choosing to go the long way along the coast, 1st night at Orbost, then a couple of stops along the coast one at Eden for fish and chips then to the town of Tathra on the saphire coast, week before school holidays, suns out and not a tourist in sight, great feed on the pier, before taking in the local caravan park.
Next day on to Brown mountain for the climb up to Canberra, 2nd gear most of the way but no hastles. Canberra, well it is our capitol nice to visit but dont want to live there, went to the War museum which is very interesting but also very sad , also the Telstra tower. Then Sunday did the show and followed up with Floriade, bit of a disappointment as was very royal Melbourne show not what it was like last time I went about 6 years ago.
Eden for fish and chips
Tathra for great food
Spotto in Bega, thanks Kevin for the info on the route to Canberra.
Australian War Museum

Then on our way again this time stopping at Gundagai, then to Albury and back to Melbourne via the king Valley and Mansfield. Great journey about 1700 klm only problem looks like i have chewed out starter bearing in bell housing so starter motor is poleing out so the last 2 days have involved praying it will start and parking on a slope for a push start.
For those that have instagram more pics under #fatldyontour
Its nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
Ted2
DSKer

Re: Canberra Show

Post by Ted2 »

Was good to chat at the show. Credit to you for making the trip North. My favourite remains the pic in Tassie next to the other "normal" splits. Cheers John