FRANCE Aug 07

Got a story or funny incident involving your split? Post them here.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Will
DSKer

FRANCE Aug 07

Post by Will »

A few photos fro our trip to the Loire valley and back via Le Mans (old town)

Waiting for the Ferry to St Malo at Poole.

The Loire valley:

The ugly mug:

Le Mans (old town):

Sorry no beaches folks :wink:

Cheers, Will
Last edited by Will on Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kombi Trip
DSKer

Post by Kombi Trip »

We stuggle to park in front of building much older than our cars ... and you produce these treasures ! Great van and pics.
Imagine what you would do if you knew you couldn't fail.
ozjeff
DSKer

Post by ozjeff »

Hate to say it but not sure whats more impressive the split or the scenery!!!!
Will
DSKer

Post by Will »

67panel wrote:We struggle to park in front of building much older than our cars ... and you produce these treasures ! Great van and pics.
Plenty of photos of old things here, including me. All the sewing in the van interior [except the front seats, which I did myself] were done by my 80 year old mum :D
ozjeff wrote:Hate to say it but not sure whats more impressive the split or the scenery!!!!
That was one reason for posting the photos. This is my idea of a photo from OZ

This was posted on SSVC forum by one of your forum members and I added the words :lol:
frenzix
DSKer

Post by frenzix »

nice pics.. nice split
ozjeff
DSKer

Post by ozjeff »

I know we are the lucky country but these places are amazing
brad@busnbug
DSKer

Post by brad@busnbug »

Bloody beautiful mate. Nice to have a bit of kulture on the ol dsk. That's what it's all about. Nice bus too.
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

Your last pic would make a great post card. Just needs Lara Bingle on a beach towel - Welcome to Australia - where's your bloody van!
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
Will
DSKer

Post by Will »

morts wrote:Your last pic would make a great post card. Just needs Lara Bingle on a beach towel - Welcome to Australia - where's your bloody van!
I can't take credit for the photo but I wouldn't mind parking my van on that beach 8)
sneak_e
DSKer

Post by sneak_e »

Or Lara Bingle IN the van - then it wouldn't matter where the bloody hell you were ;)

Love the French scenery - fantastic streets and buildings! Thanks for the photos!!!
---------------------------
http://www.brianwhite.com.au
http://www.circlework.com.au
---------------------------
kombi1976
DSKer

Post by kombi1976 »

Those buildings are amazing.
But there was something wrong with most of them......there wasn't a Splitty in the shot! :mrgreen:
Btw, your mum sounds like a top lady. ;)
Cheers & God Bless

'62 Beetle
'62 Panel project
'67 Panel
VerminWagen
DSKer

Post by VerminWagen »

About two and half years ago, my father moved to the Loire Valley from Sydney. Now, being of Italian family heritage and only ever having visited Paris previously, I've always had a bit of the 'Italy is better' mentality and while that might be true in relation to food and coffee, the scenery, cities and chateaus in the areas that Will visited are truly spectacular and the people are amazing. Particularly when they find out you're an Aussie not a Pom! No offence Mate!

If you ever get the chance to visit France, definitely head into the Loire Valley. In fact, let me know and I'll organise accommodation in my Father's guest house!
Will
DSKer

Post by Will »

kombi1976 wrote:Those buildings are amazing.
But there was something wrong with most of them......there wasn't a Splitty in the shot! :mrgreen:
Btw, your mum sounds like a top lady. ;)
That she is :D
Will
DSKer

Post by Will »

KOM-062 wrote:About two and half years ago, my father moved to the Loire Valley from Sydney. Now, being of Italian family heritage and only ever having visited Paris previously, I've always had a bit of the 'Italy is better' mentality and while that might be true in relation to food and coffee, the scenery, cities and chateaus in the areas that Will visited are truly spectacular and the people are amazing. Particularly when they find out you're an Aussie not a Pom! No offence Mate!

If you ever get the chance to visit France, definitely head into the Loire Valley. In fact, let me know and I'll organise accommodation in my Father's guest house!
None taken :D
I'm no pom to the French I'm les Ecossais [Scottish] and that makes a big difference :wink:
Hoves
DSKer

Post by Hoves »

Thanks for the pics. That looks awesome.