A weekend in Orange 28/29 June

Got a story or funny incident involving your split? Post them here.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

kombi1976
DSKer

A weekend in Orange 28/29 June

Post by kombi1976 »

I wish I had more pics from this but I just didn't get around to taking more.
My wife is doing a viticulture course at the TAFE college there so we went up for the weekend so she could do a prac weekend.
I was looking after our younger 2 lads as the oldest was with his grandparents in Sydney and they really explains why I didn't get more pics.
I also meant to catch up with Fabion Corio but unfortunately I couldn't track him down in the time I had, a real pity.
But the '67 ran beautifully.
We left Goulburn at 5:10am on Saturday so the missus could be there to start at 9am and saw the sun rise as we drove through the countryside.
Here's an early morning pic from the way up.....

Freakin cold doesn't really begin to describe it.
The heater works really well in my Panel to the point where we have to turn it off at times.
But it started out stone cold and the car just didn't have a chance to warm up properly.
A lot of the blurred white was frost.
The weekend was mainly looking after the kids although I did catch up with my old head of faculty who owns 5 beetles - a '60 Deluxe, a '62 which is road registered, a 65 which also runs but is off the road, a '68 which is driven regularly and a 55 Oval that is body off at present and would be a good starting place for a rat looker, cal look or drag car.
He loved the '67.
I sold the '77 Microbus used we own to him and and he sold it to an Austrian guy who's a baker in Cowra.
That was freaky - we're driving up the main street of Cowra at 7:30 on Saturday morning and sitting there is a green and white Bay with black bumpers.
Same plates, same bubbles in the dodgy tinted windows, talk about a small world.
I meant to take pics of all of the Beetles too........I think you can see how my weekend was.
The only VW related pic was this one of my 67 next to a '76(?) Campmobile which we parked next to at a local reserve on the Sunday.

The kids from the family that owned it were busily putting the poptop up as we left......I'm not sure their dad would've been pleased about that. :|
Anyhow, it was yet more proof that the 67 has become an excellent car to travel in.
I want to do something about road noise and I'm waiting on a repro Hurst bumper but aside of that she's great.
Well, she would run better with a stroker......does it ever end?! :D
Cheers & God Bless

'62 Beetle
'62 Panel project
'67 Panel