Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

1958kafer
DSKer

Re: Crystal ice cream bus

Post by 1958kafer »

spl65t wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:03 pm
1958kafer wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:35 pm
braddick wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:24 pm Tell me it not pink mate after u have seen those early pics of my 63
Keep us posted
Cheers bud
Finished! 😂🤣😂
Just spat a bit of red wine :)
🤣😂🤣😂
deadkombi
DSKer

Post by deadkombi »

Interesting read considering when I sold the bus to someone in Adelaide it had all the hard work done. Sounds like someone is trying to take credit for a project that someone else did. Here is how it looked before I drove over to Adelaide from Perth with it on a car trailer because the transport guy cancelled on me!

If you want more of the build thread you can see the whole job on VW Club WA, oh forgot to mention it's under Crystal!

Did you buy it off Steve in Adelaide?
uteboy
DSKer

Post by uteboy »

Wow mate looks great.

What colours did you choose?

You must be happy it’s at this stage.

😁
1958kafer
DSKer

Post by 1958kafer »

deadkombi wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:57 pm Interesting read considering when I sold the bus to someone in Adelaide it had all the hard work done. Sounds like someone is trying to take credit for a project that someone else did. Here is how it looked before I drove over to Adelaide from Perth with it on a car trailer because the transport guy cancelled on me!

If you want more of the build thread you can see the whole job on VW Club WA, oh forgot to mention it's under Crystal!

Did you buy it off Steve in Adelaide?
Hi Paul, this is Steve. Wasn't trying to take any credit for the work you did. As stated on the first post. Bus was completely stripped since that last pic to be repainted. It was just easier to post earlier pics. Couldn't be bothered showing any other repairs. As the paint is nearly finished I wanted to bring it up to date as quickly as possible.
uteboy
DSKer

Post by uteboy »

Oh I see now.
1958kafer
DSKer

Post by 1958kafer »

uteboy wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:24 pmOh I see now.
I have asked the moderator to remove the build thread. Dont normally show any build thread of cars I have worked on. Just wanted to show the transformation of the bus. Didnt realise that it was more about who did what. Not what i was thinking while posting them.This is why I like to read them.
spl65t
DSKer

Post by spl65t »

just keep it going.....everyone gets a ribbon :D
Der Splitty.....slowest thing up the Blue Mtns, since Wentworth, Blaxland & Lawson :twisted:
splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

1958kafer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:33 am
uteboy wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:24 pmOh I see now.
I have asked the moderator to remove the build thread. Dont normally show any build thread of cars I have worked on. Just wanted to show the transformation of the bus. Didnt realise that it was more about who did what. Not what i was thinking while posting them.This is why I like to read them.
Don’t take it down mate. No one gives a shit who’s doing the work just that another bus is getting on the road. Keep the updates coming, unless you’re getting paid for your posts or have resto sponsors I don’t see how it would matter anyway.
Chasing any Neiman steering lock parts, will consider anything.
uteboy
DSKer

Post by uteboy »

Dont normally show any build thread of cars I have worked on.

This what you said.

This is funny.
Now you are showing a build thread of a car you haven’t worked on.

Just saying.
splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

uteboy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:12 pm Dont normally show any build thread of cars I have worked on.

This what you said.

This is funny.

Just saying.
What is the issue here? He said in the first post “I will post some pictures of the journey so far”. Never claimed to be doing ANY of the work himself, and quite frankly even if he did say that it was all his work what does it matter unless he was somehow profiting off of the “stolen credit”. This is DSK not Facebook, all anyone cares about is the busses, leave your petty drama at the door.
uteboy
DSKer

Post by uteboy »

Look at the time line he has been posting photos.

This bus was already in paint when he got it.

If you would like a post about any work you have done or helped with by someone who has basically bought a done project that was finished 3 years ago let me know!

Seriously mate unless you know what you are talking about just shuttup
deadkombi
DSKer

Post by deadkombi »

All good. Lets just start your build thread from here with a clean slate. No hard feelings, here's how it left my house to Adelaide.
Attachments
YES 3.JPG
YES 3.JPG (37.49 KiB) Viewed 5645 times
splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

uteboy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:43 pm Look at the time line he has been posting photos.

This bus was already in paint when he got it.

If you would like a post about any work you have done or helped with by someone who has basically bought a done project that was finished 3 years ago let me know!

Seriously mate unless you know what you are talking about just shuttup

But again mate what difference does it make? You guys clearly knew more than the rest of us and were posting stupid leading questions trying to trap the bloke. He’s just posting pictures of his bus that he spent his hard earned on and is obviously proud of. Regardless of who did the work let’s just enjoy the build.
1958kafer
DSKer

Post by 1958kafer »

So apparently this build thread needs to be cleared up.
I bought this bus as a rolling repaired shell that was painted in acrylic. All hanging panels still needed to be repaired by me. Although painted the body still had things that needed doing.
-front bumper hangers needed to be welded on.
-front headlight buckets and fixing nuts needed to be welded on.
-rear light holes had to be drilled
-holes that were drilled around rear vents(probably for scoops) had to be welded up.
-dent probably from cargo door flying open had to be repaired.
-front window frame needed repaired
-section of gutter needed repaired.
After doing these repairs and having to remove paint to do them I decided that the paint wasn't really good enough to waste time trying to blend it in. It was at that point that I decided that the bus would be repainted. It then sat while I saved to get it repainted. I am glad I did because the guy that is now painting it has got the sides much straighter and removed all the body filler that was in the roof.
All of this is pretty boring stuff and this is why I did not put it in my posts as I didn't think it was necessary to bag someone else's work. I was just trying to rush the posts up to the point of getting it back from the painter and putting it back together. Anyone that knows me knows that I would not claim to do something that I did not do.
I hope this has cleared it up.
1958kafer
DSKer

Post by 1958kafer »

splitthis wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:49 pm
uteboy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:12 pm Dont normally show any build thread of cars I have worked on.

This what you said.

This is funny.

Just saying.
What is the issue here? He said in the first post “I will post some pictures of the journey so far”. Never claimed to be doing ANY of the work himself, and quite frankly even if he did say that it was all his work what does it matter unless he was somehow profiting off of the “stolen credit”. This is DSK not Facebook, all anyone cares about is the busses, leave your petty drama at the door.
Cheers Matt.