Cyclops raised from the dead

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

ozjeff
DSKer

Post by ozjeff »

I agree the louvres look good, seen them before somewhere though!
goanna
DSKer

Cyclops raised from the dead

Post by goanna »

Yea finally got her registed & using her for a daily driver as my landcruiser just done a big end bearing thingy,not all bad though made me get off my backside & get the old girl on the road....really smooth ride thanks to steve & tony from kombi rescue,the boys came up just before crissy & put in a marathon effort as they had to get back home for other commitments, if it was left up to me to do the job the boys did,i'd still be here this time next year trying to finish it.....It had a bit more rust in it than i first thought (don't they all) but its a lot easier when ya got a bloke like donny scholten (splitwit) around,the mans a master with a welder and pretty handy with most other stuff too (plus a big shed) on ya mate........ yea those old louvers of yours (ozjeff) turned out to be a good way to fill in a couple of ugly holes someone had cut into her previously,they did'nt quite fit the contours of the panel,but nothin that a couple of pot rivets & a few tubes of siccaflex would'nt fix (great stuff that stuff) still have a few things do on the old girl, but it's good to be up & running....................thanks again everyone.....BOOMSHANKA..........
benno
DSKer

Post by benno »

Nice one kimbo can't wait to come down and go for a ride.

Steve and Tony worked through the night to get this on the road and it looks fantastic. They even managed to put an IRS into my SC while they were there. These guys know there stuff and the final results speak for themselves.

Yeah Don is a master with that welder, go on ya mate.

Looks great well done...
kombi1976
DSKer

Post by kombi1976 »

So that's what Steve was up to before Chrissy....
Cheers & God Bless

'62 Beetle
'62 Panel project
'67 Panel
splitwit
DSKer

Post by splitwit »

another kombi rescued..great to see this old girl back on the road.it was huge effort put in by everyone,but when you get to go for cruise it is just so worth it...p.s yep have got a big shed but it still not big enough.you blokes that restore kombi,s in a garage or carport with no lifting gear,i reckon are the true masters or just suckers for punishment..thanks Don. hope to see Steve and Tony back on the north coast soon.will try to make there next vist abit more layed back...cheers.
jonesyT3
DSKer

Post by jonesyT3 »

GOSH!oh so nice