Funbag's

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Funbags
DSKer

Funbag's

Post by Funbags »

Hi all DSK members, new/ old and otherwise!
thought I would pull the proverbial finger out and say "HI!"
Have a long and sh#t story of why I'm not already driving around in my "58 Split but that chapter need's to die b4 I do!
So, here I am after letting sleeping dog's lie or lay or what ever it is they do when they arn't eating/ sh#tting or barking. I'm finally getting bit's an pieces so this bus can get on the road where it belongs! This will allow my young fella (son... not my appendage) an I to go pull some chicks!! :lol: Kidding of course...it's so we can spend some "dad an son" time before he get's too old and wants to pinch it (the before mentioned "bus") and leave me in the driveway waving him and his entourage a fair goodbye... lil prick! Na of course he won't do that... will he?... :wink:
Anyhow... moving forward as they say...
I like to say I live in a suburb of the Gold Coast because saying your from or live on the Goldy seems to have serious negative connotations to that statement, so, unless I take a wrong turn I don't have anything to do with the "Goldy" that been the crappy night club druggie, drunk bitch slapping area (Surfers) apart from breathing the same air and that alone is a a grave and dangerous habit... because in another 30- 40 years breathing this air will no doubt kill me :D Hopefully I'll be in my 80's and still driving a bus with my own teeth in place... one can always hope!! So "Surfers Paradise" is not where I live but living here can mean you can get right royally f#@ked... an not in a good way :wink:
Maybe there should be a name change?... Here's a challenge!!
At the moment it could be "Toolies Paradise" but that just sounds wrong... anyone??

Anyhow cheers and thanks ahead of time for any help that the vast knowledge base of DSK members may dispense along the way and hope a new post by this newbie is not unwelcome. :lol:
And if I'm able to help anyone out along the way somehow please feel free to ask, if your in the area or traveling thru and need a camping spot plenty of room here unless your a psycho bastard that is... cheap too!!
Attachments
Split B4 it was got at!
Split B4 it was got at!
100_0050.jpg (123.77 KiB) Viewed 8184 times
A little after it was got at...
A little after it was got at...
054-1.jpg (127.37 KiB) Viewed 8184 times
paul willans
DSKer

Post by paul willans »

welcome, ive got a couple of houses up there on the goldy its not all that bad, nice bus too
clk500 AMG
64 s Notch
57 Boronia Brown bus
59 Pmg ute
62 Beryl Green bus
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

you seem to dribble some shit and have a sweet bus.... you'll fit right in!!... welcome mate.. :lol: :lol: 8)
Leroy
DSKer

Post by Leroy »

Welcome aboard. Good to see you got your bus back from that shonky Gold Coast "Businessman" :wink: Any further progress?
Funbags
DSKer

Post by Funbags »

:lol: Yes Warb...verbal-dribble, here's some more.

P.W. got a few houses? Hope they aren't any of those all so famous "Guaranteed" rental prop's!! .. I do think for the most part that the Goldy area's outside of Surfers as all good, but you may or may not know what it's like saying out loud where your from... similar to divulging where your born... like say a Kiwi... not something you wanna say out in the open... maybe it's just me :wink: (Don't look at my passport)

Leroy, not any progress thus far, just starting to source parts now
moving fwd....!
I can dribble... your right on there Warb :D
Last edited by Funbags on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'58 Split Project
'76 Kubelwagon
Ian 68
DSKer

Post by Ian 68 »

Another SEQ 50's bus ...nice one !

Lovely looking bus as well.

Welcome aboard !

Best

Ian
Proudly sponsored by Cunado wear.
StenchOfGoat
DSKer

Post by StenchOfGoat »

Nice bus mate, and acceptable level of dribble qualification.
SLAM IT LIKE A CARDIGAN CORGI!!!!!
paul willans
DSKer

Post by paul willans »

hey funbags hope your healths better, the split will keep you occupied, good luck p.s both houses on the river at coomera shores right opposite sanctuary cove cheers
clk500 AMG
64 s Notch
57 Boronia Brown bus
59 Pmg ute
62 Beryl Green bus
baykruzer
DSKer

Post by baykruzer »

Welcome mate, Plenty of DSKers proud to call the goldy home buddy
GLEN

1962 11 window project
viewtopic.php?t=8698

CHECK OUT ......... www.kustomkombi.com
baykruzer
DSKer

Post by baykruzer »

Good to meet you today mate. After you left my little bloke was telling me how cool the your hummer is and how we should get one.
Let me know if you need a hand with your bus.
GLEN

1962 11 window project
viewtopic.php?t=8698

CHECK OUT ......... www.kustomkombi.com
Funbags
DSKer

Post by Funbags »

B'cruz likewise nice to meet you as well, hope you didn't mind the cold call :lol: Gr8 collection of boards on the wall too btw.
Drop over anytime bring the kids too this is kid funzone central, it's Chrissy time so any excuse for a coldy hey :D
P.M. 2u my address.
E.
Funbags
DSKer

Post by Funbags »

My project..'58
and also the bus grabbed off eBay..
Update on guy who's wife grabbed bus for him... she's not happy at all and may be with-holding... ok I added the last bit, but his in deep poor bugger.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (79.52 KiB) Viewed 7822 times
Opp's dag's hanging out in this one... sry
Opp's dag's hanging out in this one... sry
Arse shot.jpg (39.79 KiB) Viewed 7822 times
Vic shell.jpg
Vic shell.jpg (56.72 KiB) Viewed 7822 times
My '58
My '58
Underskirt.jpg (42.46 KiB) Viewed 7822 times
Doors Donor.jpg
Doors Donor.jpg (44.5 KiB) Viewed 7822 times
'58 Split Project
'76 Kubelwagon
D-Train
DSKer

Post by D-Train »

i welcome ur dribbling, and ur talking an writing which is a good story...
nice bus an please leave it how it is, great dove blue/red primer paint job on it so far!!!
Funbags
DSKer

Post by Funbags »

D-train.. B4 I really knew what I was going to do and was a little bit lead down the garden path (resto virgin) the whole lot had been stripped, so Dove blue is history sadly and primed.
Have just been out in the shed getting prep area ready to bring in second split and also checking over what had been done to my '58... it's so very sad that someone could be so inept at their job... it will all have to come off and be redone to a standard that is acceptable and has longevity... Livin an learning along the way. May repost in other area think I've put this in the wrong spot?... Mod's?